Forums > Kitesurfing General

unclean bayside beaches

Created by waveboy1 > 9 months ago, 19 Jul 2011
waveboy1
VIC, 236 posts
19 Jul 2011 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

I HATE THE FACT THAT BAYSIDE COUNCIL ARE QUICK TO SWOOP ON UR CAR FOR A PARKING FINE IF UR HAVING A SAIL ,THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED ABOUT COMPLAINTS OR TAKING ACTION ON KEEPING OUR BEACHES CLEAN ITS EMBARRASSING I TEACH WINDSURFING TO OVERSEAS VISITORS AND SCHOOL KIDS AND WE PICKUP TONNES OF **** PLASTICS, DYPERS AND SYRINGERS IVE SENT COMPLAINTS AND THEY JUST HAND BALL IT ?????????ANY SUGGESTIONS IM GOIN SAILIN IN THE MUCK AGAIN

inside grunt
WA, 72 posts
19 Jul 2011 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Dump all the rubbish you collect at the council front door!

Chris_M
2128 posts
19 Jul 2011 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

inside grunt said...

I like this idea! Im planning on being back in Melbs for Dec, willing to rally up a crew to put this plan into action! Shouldnt be too hard to get a big unruly mob of kitesurfers in on the action

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
19 Jul 2011 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

waveboy1 said...
ANY SUGGESTIONS IM GOIN SAILIN IN THE MUCK AGAIN

go and rant and shout in the windsurfing forums ?

hitch_hiker
WA, 347 posts
19 Jul 2011 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

inside grunt said...

And then send em an invoice for doing there fkn job[}:)]

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
20 Jul 2011 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

I think you'll find that Parks Victoria, not the councils, are responsible for rubbish on beaches. In the summer they send the beach rakes down pretty much every day but in the winter it just doesn't happen.

If you really want to have a rant at someone how about the people who leave the rubbish there in the first place. Leaving an old disposable nappy on the beach because you are too lazy to take it with you and put it in the bin is not only disrespectful, it's disgusting.

Also, while you are at it, why not have a go at Melbourne water for allowing stormwater to discharge straight into the bay with no trash screens to collect the rubbish. Urban stormwater is as dirty as raw sewerage.

stamp
QLD, 2758 posts
20 Jul 2011 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

www.cleanocean.org/

if you want to do something about water and beach pollution get involved with clean ocean

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
20 Jul 2011 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

waveboy1 said... DYPERS

go home yank

tgladman
WA, 500 posts
22 Jul 2011 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

kiteboy dave said...

waveboy1 said... DYPERS

go home yank

well now thats a rather un-australian comment.

Gorgo
VIC, 4911 posts
22 Jul 2011 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

lostinlondon said...

I think you'll find that Parks Victoria, not the councils, are responsible for rubbish on beaches. ...

Parks Victoria administer the waterways up to the tide line. The beaches belong to the councils.

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
22 Jul 2011 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

I was SUPing in the flooded stormwater drains today in Newcastle racing Bondi Cigars (there must have been a sewr blowout somewhere ) the council really should do something about that ,Yuk

Paulybehaved
VIC, 17 posts
22 Jul 2011 11:14PM
Thumbs Up

tgladman said...

kiteboy dave said...

waveboy1 said... DYPERS

go home yank

well now thats a rather un-australian comment.

Please explain (in Pauline Hanson accent)!

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
23 Jul 2011 1:19AM
Thumbs Up

I've never heard an Aussie use the word "Diapers" let alone "DYPERS". It's another horrible seppo word that doesn't belong here. Like windsurfers in the kite section having a caps lock rant.

Paulybehaved
VIC, 17 posts
23 Jul 2011 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

kiteboy dave said...

It's another horrible seppo word that doesn't belong here. Like windsurfers in the kite section having a caps lock rant.

A bit harsh! I don't want to go to the beach and navigate around rubbish either. Good on him for picking up rubbish and having a go at the authorities.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
24 Jul 2011 11:24AM
Thumbs Up

Yup I can be a bit harsh after a long day and a solid glass of red at the end of it.

What made me annoyed (apart from the caps lock, terrible grammar, etc) was the whinger "oh I slipped over who can I sue" mentality behind it.

What OP is referring to (I guess) is rubbish that floats in on the tide (flotsam). It comes with every high tide. Good on him for picking it up (I do as well) but does he expect our taxes to pay to have someone down there morning and night cleaning his little stretch of our 26,000kms of coastline?

Maybe there's some undesirable locals around? Cos nappies don't float (as far as I know) and the only group I've personally seen leave dirty nappies all over the beach also left goon bags.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"unclean bayside beaches" started by waveboy1