Forums > Kitesurfing General

kite board nose diving into chop

Created by ashkiter > 9 months ago, 3 Jan 2013
ashkiter
QLD, 431 posts
3 Jan 2013 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

When in Tassie over Christmas, a local asked me whay his kite board was nose diving when he was trying to go upwind!!

I said you must be riding to far forward over the board, but he replied "na mate, when i ride further back i just bog"

This got me thinking - he has a North ????Team (looked a few years old maybe 2010 as i have the 2011 ~ (135*41 was all i could see) - He did have the foot straps wide as he was 6+foot tall -

?? Could it be that the foot straps were to wide apart?? or was he just a NUMPY rider?

SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
3 Jan 2013 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Definitely try it with the straps close together.
Cheers

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1869 posts
3 Jan 2013 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

If he had to ask you, then he'll definately be front foot heavy.. And will be riding stiff legged into the chop instead of using his knees to roll with it...
If he bogs down then also hes Noobing it to far into the wind, for conditions...

oldbones
QLD, 114 posts
4 Jan 2013 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Ash, I made a bit of discovery on this topic just yesterday. Was getting annoyed with splash in my eyes from nose of board so moved foot straps from widest setting to narrowest as experiment. It worked, the nose came up and think the board pointed higher up wind maybe needing a little more power to drive it, but it felt good. Will see how it goes second time around. I'm riding a 135cm Underground FLX.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
4 Jan 2013 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

oldbones said...
Ash, I made a bit of discovery on this topic just yesterday. Was getting annoyed with splash in my eyes from nose of board so moved foot straps from widest setting to narrowest as experiment. It worked, the nose came up and think the board pointed higher up wind maybe needing a little more power to drive it, but it felt good. Will see how it goes second time around. I'm riding a 135cm Underground FLX.

i was about to mention was it an underground , 2 locals have them here and constantly have dramas with them nose diving especially when heading over the whitewash, you hear good things about underground boards so id say maybe the board is a better flat water board , one thing i noticed which would make it do this was the small amount of rocker compared to my board naturally a board with higher rocker or curled tips like the chopstick is gonna be less likely to dig in

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"kite board nose diving into chop" started by ashkiter