Yo got to love Gero!

Created by Mini Mal > 9 months ago, 26 Sep 2011
Mini Mal
WA, 298 posts
26 Sep 2011 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Tomorrows forecast:::

Tuesday: W'ly winds 15/20 knots increasing to 20/30 knots late morning and
shifting SW 20/30 knots in the afternoon. Seas 1.5m to 2.0m. Swell to 3.0m.

can't see much work getting done again.

pumpnjump
WA, 257 posts
26 Sep 2011 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

I love being on holiday and living here, bring it on :-)

gezza1
WA, 64 posts
26 Sep 2011 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

gaaa, im stuck at work looking at the wind...can I come out to play now please

pumpnjump
WA, 257 posts
26 Sep 2011 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

What you doing on here then get back to work!!

eppo
WA, 9366 posts
26 Sep 2011 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Yeh man just can't convince my missus to move there!! She doesn't kite.

GalahOnTheBay
NSW, 4188 posts
26 Sep 2011 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Send some wind and sunshine to the east coast please.

In Sydney we get wind or sun but not both!

theDoctor
NSW, 5762 posts
26 Sep 2011 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Things to love about sydney.... It's full of nancy p00fs

Things to love about gero.... Buy a block of land, get a free gun..!

Mini Mal
WA, 298 posts
27 Sep 2011 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

It's the wild west alright plenty of ferrals , wind & waves. cheap land and houses getting cheaper as the OKG myth rolls on and on after 30yrs of bluffs and ripoffs. Least we are still riding those waves they aint padalocked the gate yet to spot X

WA, 1255 posts
27 Sep 2011 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

aah gero, miss it....very fond memories.

had to move on, become responsible and the like...

silly.

Radman
WA, 629 posts
27 Sep 2011 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

istarted at 6.30 this mornin 12mt rally bit on the light side right in frount of mimimals house went past him at nthgate was gunna stop for a chat but only had hour and a half before work, few times the wind picked up to 20 kns fully lit on the surf board caught a few waves and busted a few unstrapped backrolls yewwwww give me gero any day was bit cool after with wet undies in the hard yakas, no time for chat its nearly nock off and its still 20 kns

EB
SA, 492 posts
28 Sep 2011 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Mini Mal said...

It's the wild west alright plenty of ferrals ,

Too right Mini mal Gero hits the national news tonight for the feral who left a used Frenchy out for some poor mothers child to have a lovely nibble on
Plesent 45knots here today

Mini Mal
WA, 298 posts
28 Sep 2011 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Just a money grab EB im sure. Makas are run pretty strict from where I stand. got a sesh today a few waves out the point. lighthouse getting a fresh paint job , dudes on a big cherrypicker. All happening

DaCurls
WA, 134 posts
29 Sep 2011 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

will be up at the weekend to show you how to ride barrys

eppo
WA, 9366 posts
29 Sep 2011 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Question for gero/perth boys. No doubts say carnaron/exmouth up are getting affected differrent weather patterns.

But what i see is, Gero and perth seem to be following the same large scale weather patters...i.e not farqin seabreezes. Is this the case on the ground and surely there comes a time soon where the weather patterns seperate out more when the highs drop lower in the bight? Just a note of interest??

DaCurls
WA, 134 posts
29 Sep 2011 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

gero usually gets wind regardless of what the graphs say, plenty of days last season where is was stinky low 40's and got classic kites at PM

hirschausen
WA, 419 posts
30 Sep 2011 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Ssssshhhhh......there's no wind up here ............(sound of crickets chirping)

CoralFarm
WA, 1 posts
1 Oct 2011 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

The Land of Plenty

gezza1
WA, 64 posts
3 Oct 2011 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Its 24 knots outside and the swell is cranking...I'm stuck at work for another 2 hours...my heart rate must be up over 100 in anticipation...I love Gero but it really ain't great for my health. Can I go kite surfing now please

DaCurls
WA, 134 posts
4 Oct 2011 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

don't know where you kited gezza but i went on a mission everywhere! clocked in a good 6hrs, seppo's, outer & outer outer reef were smoking bit to shallow where it was walling up and smashed in a fin. had to do the big swim from the spike in! barrys, frontyards, hells, shipping lane reefs, sunsets, glennys and drummonds! was an awsome downwinder, makes me excited about doing the perth to gero in 4days downwinder yew

shunter
WA, 441 posts
4 Oct 2011 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Hey gero crew,

any idea how busy it is at Corro's camping area. I am thinking of bringing the family up next week for a few days of camping.

cheers

DaCurls
WA, 134 posts
4 Oct 2011 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

from what i hear not very

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
4 Oct 2011 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

EB said...

Too right Mini mal Gero hits the national news tonight for the feral who left a used Frenchy out for some poor mothers child to have a lovely nibble on

Is that a real 45 knots or just a 'its really 20 knots but feels stronger, 45 knots'?

Mini Mal
WA, 298 posts
4 Oct 2011 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Mmmm EB you not in the wild west now.

Bigwavedave said...

EB said...

Is that a real 45 knots or just a 'its really 20 knots but feels stronger, 45 knots'?

EB
SA, 492 posts
4 Oct 2011 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Mini Mal said...

ahhh you noticed! Sunset been a bit quiet?

Radman
WA, 629 posts
5 Oct 2011 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

EB said...

Mini Mal said...

il keep it busy for you eb out ther frothin around for 2 hrs 2nite running rings around a few poleys only kite out must have caught 30 waves some 4-5 turns unstrapped unhooked makin you home sik yet give me gero any day

Mini Mal
WA, 298 posts
6 Oct 2011 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Radman said...

EB said...

Mini Mal said...

il keep it busy for you eb out ther frothin around for 2 hrs 2nite running rings around a few poleys only kite out must have caught 30 waves some 4-5 turns unstrapped unhooked makin you home sik yet give me gero any day

You were fully sick Radman plenty of shralping going on while I downed a well deserved coldie in the carpark

hirschausen
WA, 419 posts
6 Oct 2011 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Had a looovely session at Coros this afternoon. Had to share the place with a guy in bindings and a windsurfer. Wonderful afternoon, just wiping the grin off my face now.

Same again tomorrow.

Campground is about half full. Plenty of sites, mostly baby boomers in delusion that life is about setting up, packing up and having an evening drink.

Bit like kite surfers really

DaCurls
WA, 134 posts
7 Oct 2011 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

gotta love the seppo's to drummonds run round the point outer reef bombies in the channel were firing

shunter
WA, 441 posts
7 Oct 2011 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

thanks guys for the update on the camping ground.

RobL
QLD, 26 posts
7 Oct 2011 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Been here for 3 months now and hoping that I will get sponsored and come back forever

Heading out north after the weekend for two weeks Carnarvon/Exmouth before going up and over East.

Radman
WA, 629 posts
7 Oct 2011 11:12PM
Thumbs Up

RobL said...

Been here for 3 months now and hoping that I will get sponsored and come back forever

Heading out north after the weekend for two weeks Carnarvon/Exmouth before going up and over East.

we hope you donthahahahehehehe

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Yo got to love Gero!" started by Mini Mal