Forums > Kitesurfing General

Wind blows kite surfers onto Qld cliff

Created by 62Davo > 9 months ago, 11 Feb 2013
62Davo
NSW, 93 posts
11 Feb 2013 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone heard more about this incident yesterday? www.theaustralian.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Lucky it sounds as if no serious injuries occured.

Lambie
QLD, 738 posts
11 Feb 2013 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah it made a small insert in the Melbourne Age today also - its not a good rap for the safety of our sport ! Article has it that the first guy got lofted in a gust back up onto the "cliff" - what ever that means? and a moment later the second dude joined him ?? Gota hurt how ever you hit a cliff ! I wonder what the REAL story is ?? Hope both as per the report are fine.

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
11 Feb 2013 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, and in the Perth paper the West... Kitesurfer got blown onto cliff, one got gusted, then another one, they both climbed down with no self respect left

Is someone going to post top hat??

Awaken
QLD, 128 posts
11 Feb 2013 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

dave...... said...
Yep, and in the Perth paper the West... Kitesurfer got blown onto cliff, one got gusted, then another one, they both climbed down with no self respect left

Is someone going to post top hat??

LOL yep that is a classic

0llie
NSW, 164 posts
11 Feb 2013 11:58PM
Thumbs Up

Is top hat on seabreeze ?

Gorgo
VIC, 4909 posts
12 Feb 2013 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

My understanding is that two paragliders decked into the shrubs at Teewah. No kitesurfing was involved. They did not need help but the beach walkers called in the emergency services who went to the rescue.

DutchRooster
NSW, 325 posts
12 Feb 2013 12:12AM
Thumbs Up

Since they are both okay, I gotta ask: any pics? [}:)]

rusty7
QLD, 504 posts
12 Feb 2013 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

....blown 80ms up a cliff ...ah huh.... lol .. got love the press....why let the truth get in the way of a potenally good story.....really newsworthy stuff...

cel23
QLD, 175 posts
13 Feb 2013 6:57AM
Thumbs Up

haha! that is so inaccurate! They were both paragliders...not kitesurfers
FAIL

andyy
QLD, 232 posts
14 Feb 2013 11:26PM
Thumbs Up

this amuses me........

I was getting a paragliding lesson at the time at Teewah.

Story short (but true):

Really really light winds. Old mate jumps off from the designated paragliding launch point and chooses to fly really close to the trees to gain lift. Nek minnit, rooks out and cuts it too fine and has a very soft landing on the dune but his paraglider gets stuck in the trees.

Nek minnit. Old mate number 2 jumps off and the exact same story.

Both casually walk down the dune with their gliders intact.

The end.

Or alternatively the other story. This is kind of like Life of Pi. Which one do you prefer?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Wind blows kite surfers onto Qld cliff" started by 62Davo