VIC, 600 posts
16 Apr 2009 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

build one

flemboyant
VIC, 375 posts
16 Apr 2009 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

yeah, but like hook said. those who really want one, build one.

Coose
VIC, 229 posts
16 Apr 2009 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

i was thinking we could organize a slider day some where maybe with a winch as well i've got a few PVC pipes lying around so i could get one happening

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
16 Apr 2009 11:32PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds good. Where would you do it?

jackgearo
NSW, 331 posts
17 Apr 2009 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

unless u put it somewhere that no one else uses it will probably have to be removable (take it down for a day and take it back) other wise u will end up finding that waterways and/or water police will have taken it and u wont get it back because u didn't have permission to put it in there.
ps: it is very unlikely that u will get permission to leave it there as they say that it is a danger to the public.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
17 Apr 2009 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe something like this would work. Put a couple of benches together with some form of piping on top and maybe some stabilization on the bottom. At least they are portable.

airush geoff
974 posts
17 Apr 2009 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

The lads here have used two lots of hundred mm pipe joined as a top and then a 100mm pipe every few metres as a leg......pretty easy and very effective.

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
17 Apr 2009 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

airush geoff said...

The lads here have used two lots of hundred mm pipe joined as a top and then a 100mm pipe every few metres as a leg......pretty easy and very effective.

Second that one ....best to use the PVC pipe as airush geoff said.... super easy to make and can easily be carried or dismantled quickly. The only difficulty I have previously found is getting the thing to stay upright and still in the water.......you will find yourself constantly picking up the thing everytime a rider slides...you can build a foot (about 30cm long ) for each leg and fill it with cement ( we used rapid set ) and have this part as a separate attachment that can be attached to the leg when the slider is almost in position... being detachable means the whole thing is much easier to carry and in some locations ( mud ) you can just push the leg down without the foot......... this solved the problem when hitting it with the wakeboard and or boat wash

I think i might make one this weekend

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
17 Apr 2009 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

PM me know if you need help with it. From the looks of the wind I won't be kiting and I'm also in Port Melbourne.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
18 Apr 2009 1:01AM
Thumbs Up

Spent some time playing around in Google Sketchup. Pity we can't build something like this

extreme
VIC, 74 posts
18 Apr 2009 2:27AM
Thumbs Up

How come there are no Red Bull stickers on your slider Saffer?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Sliders in Vic?" started by Saffer