Photographer on beach = Monkeys on kites

Created by Kazan > 9 months ago, 19 Jan 2014
billykiter
WA, 302 posts
20 Jan 2014 9:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Blackbeard said..
Laurie should ban the next person to Whinge about which section to post in.....really who gives a toss!

Completely agree with you Blackbeard.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
20 Jan 2014 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Loftywinds said..

Saffer said..
Honestly couldn't give a **** who you are on the beach. If I am there taking photos, I'm looking for the best photo, not the photo of the person I like the most.

Can you ever take a joke Saf?

Kazan doesn't joke with me. He's was annoyed that a couple of us went on mission to have one of the kiting locations class as non-beginner (when he was still a beginner) and fought tooth and nail saying it was the perfect beginner spot. Since then, two beginners have found themselves in a coma due to kiting accidents. The KBV subsequently changed their wording to reflect this. I'm not sure if he changed his opinion as well since then.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
20 Jan 2014 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dusta said..

kiteboy dave said..

dusta said..

take it to the qld thread where there might be a slightly remote chance someone might care

lukekiter said..

We never have this problem in WA , but I might be posting this in the wrong section ; )

He might have worded his original post a bit poorly but he was on the money. If it's an Aussie forum (not a WA forum that the rest of us are allowed in) then you guys need to learn to keep your local posts in the WA section - we don't need to hear about another bl@@dy break in at scarbs or woodies, or poleys & kiters having touchy feely sessions in the flags in front of the nudie beach or whatever.

went straight over your head didn't it ?

My apologies for not keeping up with every interaction between the 3 of you guys for the last 6 months, so I didn't automatically know if you were doing funny sarcasm or having-a-go sarcasm. Read like it was the latter to me.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
20 Jan 2014 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Blackbeard said..

Laurie should ban the next person to Whinge about which section to post in.....really who gives a toss!

Whinging about whinging is also whinging.

Blackbeard
WA, 103 posts
20 Jan 2014 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Whinging about someone whinging about whinging is whinging too, we could go on all day, however I've never whinged about where to whinge on this forum

lukekiter
WA, 96 posts
20 Jan 2014 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Blackbeard said...
Whinging about someone whinging about whinging is whinging too, we could go on all day, however I've never whinged about where to whinge on this forum

Shouldn't this be in the whinge section, not in the wa section, ha ha

Blackbeard
WA, 103 posts
20 Jan 2014 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
lukekiter said..

Blackbeard said...

Shouldn't this be in the whinge section, not in the wa section, ha ha

that almost went over my head...

alverstone
WA, 529 posts
20 Jan 2014 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kazan said..
No joke.

Every time a photographer pops out to the water's edge to take photos of kite surfers, suddenly everyone is a "star" and try and do ridiculous moves and jumps. Most of course look like wack jobs and some jumps are even stupid altogether to the point of kites hitting each other. Seems to be worse when cameraman has a zoom lense!

Please!

If you see a photographer out there, mind your own bloody business and stay safe!

Showing off and tempting be be captured looking like a complete dill is AOK if they are chicks with cameras. Infact, it's the rules.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
20 Jan 2014 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

You could of course use this to your advantage. Create a cardboard cutout of a photographer with a really long lens and then position him in the not so prime water away from where you want to kite. All kiters flock there like mosquitos to a flame and you sit with the prime flat water all on your own. May need to position a servo on the cutout so he/she moves back and forth although most kiters will be so busy trying to pull spectacular moves they probably won't notice.

Could sell them to places like WA so they can install them in the pond in places most likely to catch the euro's kites.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
20 Jan 2014 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Told my brother about this post he wanted to say something to the author...

.be

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
20 Jan 2014 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Blackbeard said...

I started replying to add another level but my brain melted and did this.. Skip to 0:20.

%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzyY-xI6zgfk

stabber
NSW, 1114 posts
20 Jan 2014 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

When you've got nothing to say, there's nothing to be said! My mum always said "better to say nothing and appear stupid , than to speak up and remove all doubt"

Kazan
QLD, 699 posts
21 Jan 2014 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stabber said..

When you've got nothing to say, there's nothing to be said! My mum always said "better to say nothing and appear stupid , than to speak up and remove all doubt"

Are you sure? I think it's meant to read ... "better to say nothing and remove all doubt, than to speak up and appear stupid"

gesper
NSW, 517 posts
21 Jan 2014 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kazan said..

stabber said..

Are you sure? I think it's meant to read ... "better to say nothing and remove all doubt, than to speak up and appear stupid"

Umm

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
Abraham Lincoln

I think stabber was closer

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Photographer on beach = Monkeys on kites" started by Kazan