QLD, 3424 posts
3 Jul 2016 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

apologies if already posted

ColoColo
QLD, 130 posts
3 Jul 2016 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Meh. For the price of the foil, you might as well get a proper board to go with it. Besides, that board looks lame, and the straps would be annoying.

Greenarrowz
NSW, 301 posts
3 Jul 2016 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

You could also pass it off as an Ironing board.
Win Win.

Fly on da wall
SA, 725 posts
3 Jul 2016 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Well that's pretty universal and diverse.

I wonder if it would suit a newbie foiler...

Thanks for enlightening some of us with your post!

w8ingforwind
QLD, 258 posts
3 Jul 2016 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

only because i did not finish building mine first thanks for the post.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
3 Jul 2016 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

That looks terrible in every way. They could at least have found someone who could ride it to make the promo...

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
3 Jul 2016 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

*sigh* amung kiteing windsurfing i also have taught supping >_< these inflatable sups are strong but they are heavey as **** man. (exact same construction as this inflatable twin tip board) i guarantee you we can find a production board thats ligther then that inflatable one and dare i say takes up less space.

so we can find a better alternative that allready exists thats better in every way and theres no disadvantage. the only possible scenario i can think of is that instead of a tuk tuk you only have a motor bike for transport and cant figure out how to make a board rack so you can put the inflated kiteboard in a backpack and have it on your back... thats it....

honestly my eskie lid idea trumps this thing plus it would have a usable rail

im interested in how the twin tip foil catches on tho just cant fathom why i never thought of that myself. instead of a "air chair" we could make and "air office chair" and when we want to change direction just spin our ass around hahahah imagine the handle passes on an office chair?!?! finally all you cubicle dwelling zombies can become the champions

+

think someone owes me a drink

Kozzieat the EdgeMembers 0274 posts "forums_Topic","Posted October 1, 2008 · Report post
hay all .... ive got a few fallen soldiers around here so bear with me.just been thinking....anyone tried landboarding a tube? like a old tractor tube or something? im thinking maybe you could replicate a semi hovercraft sort of effect + the extra bounce/buoyancy might be something special .... thoughts/ideas ? im a bit wasted so if u steal my idea and make a billion.... send us a bottle of JD or something to help me get over it would be something else if u could landboard around then skim easyily across a dam/ocean

Alysum
NSW, 1025 posts
4 Jul 2016 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Shocking demo.... how do they expect to sell it with this guy crashing all the time ?

Youngbreezy
WA, 949 posts
5 Jul 2016 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

Forget for a second the terrible promo vid and the choice to use an inflatable??

Would a bi directional foil (lets just imagine it really works well) be a bit of a breakthrough? Would it present some great advantages or be more of a crutch for beginners? I don't really know much about foiling so just wondering

Gorgo
VIC, 4917 posts
5 Jul 2016 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

With raceboards the rule was that if the kite would support itself then you could ride. With foils that's down to if you can water start enough to get on top of the board you can ride.

That brings in the problem that if you drop your kite then you're swimming in.

The most at risk time in light winds is during the transition. You need to cut upwind to tension the lines, do your transition, then ride away. A TT would reduce that period of exposure. But then again, so does practice doing transitions.

The other issue is that when a foil is going properly you're going upwind. You almost have no choice in the matter. If you get too far upwind then you have to ride downwind and that is a heap more technical on a foil. Arguably a high performance foil can go faster and that helps generate apparent wind that keeps the lines tensioned and stops the kite dropping. If the TT foil is less efficient then you're making your light wind, downwind riding more difficult.

Add to that, the TT inflatable board is really ****ing ugly. A well put together foil and board is a strikingly beautiful thing. With the right setup they're quick and easy to assemble and pack up. Add inflation to the mix and you've got an ugly thing that takes longer and doesn't work as well.

Piros
QLD, 6892 posts
5 Jul 2016 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Dud video but the TT foil is pretty interesting concept and throws at cat amongst the pigeons re aspect ratios.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
5 Jul 2016 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Youngbreezy said..

Would a bi directional foil (lets just imagine it really works well) be a bit of a breakthrough? Would it present some great advantages or be more of a crutch for beginners? I don't really know much about foiling so just wondering

Say it magically was a stable foil despite the physics not really pointing to that being possible.

The only advantage of a twin tip is in the transitions and there's a million variations but to simplify, to my mind there's only 4 main types:

1. stop or almost stop, start again the other way (beginners do this). TT foil would allow this (as in vid). Still a boring beginner move even on a foil.

2. hop/ollie/slide TT board 180 then carve at speed (or reverse order). TT foil no use here even if you could get 1m of foil clear of water. Can swap feet on a normal or TT foil then carve but that negates any advantage of TT foil board.

3. big air, land going other way. If you can do this on a foil, you can probably manage to land toeside or reverse the board using your mad air style skillz.

fingerbone
NSW, 921 posts
5 Jul 2016 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

you just added the most anoying thing to the most boring thing.....congradulations

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
6 Jul 2016 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

zzzzzzzzzzzz boring

Jono77
WA, 348 posts
6 Jul 2016 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

It's interesting but these guys need a lesson in marketing. What is the benefit to buying this product over other foils??

From the video I can not see any benefit but I can just see 2 major disadvantages;

1 - I would have to pump up my board
2 - it so frigging difficult to ride they can't find anyone in the world that can ride it to put on their promo video!!

It would be good to see if there was actually a good video of someone riding it well and using its twin tip capabilities properly to show how much better or different it could be in contrast to the one directional foils.

MarkoP
1 posts
11 Jul 2016 4:27AM
Thumbs Up

Another one here:

http://www.huindi.com/

RAL INN
VIC, 2880 posts
11 Jul 2016 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

MarkoP said...

Another one here:

http://www.huindi.com/

What I'm seeing is a foil that can be bolted to centre of a twin tip.
I'm not seeing it go both directions.

oldbones
QLD, 114 posts
11 Jul 2016 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

mast slides along fuselage?? must be pretty reliable sliding method.

Bletti
WA, 163 posts
11 Jul 2016 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

I doubt you'd want to jump that huindi sliding foil, which makes me question why you'd want such an abomination?

Chris_M
2129 posts
11 Jul 2016 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

I think it looks super uncool.

Is it just because he forgot to wear his boardies over his wetsuit?

Or is it just the worst most gimmicky thing I have ever seen in kiteboarding

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
11 Jul 2016 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

The old 1st post pimp. Nothing dodgy at all

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Next level in foiling : the twin foil" started by seanhogan