Forums > Kitesurfing General

New Secret Spot

Created by WF1 > 9 months ago, 20 Jan 2010
WF1
SA, 8 posts
20 Jan 2010 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Last Sunday two veterans tore up a sick new secret spot, wind from the south at 22 knots in head heigh surf.

One day we'll let you in on the secret, but hey why spoil our fun for now.

max14
SA, 220 posts
20 Jan 2010 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

i know where it is, i know where it is :) might have to go and check it out one day :)

WF
SA, 116 posts
20 Jan 2010 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Best kite of the season since we got back from Cocos.
Hopefully it goes off again this weekend.

AB

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
21 Jan 2010 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

I'm going in two weeks time !

mattyjee
WA, 575 posts
20 Jan 2010 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Technically its not a "new secret spot".
The spot has always existed.
It's just a spot that is slightly less secret then it was last sunday.
lol.

greenleader
QLD, 5283 posts
20 Jan 2010 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

brizzos shouldn't comment on aus wide topics matty.

wa guys have made this clear for years!

Mark _australia
WA, 22089 posts
20 Jan 2010 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

"Veterans"

= people who have been kiting for more than a week and know how to give way

"new spot"

= been surfed and windsurfed before but kiters found it

max14
SA, 220 posts
21 Jan 2010 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

in this case i know these two veterans have been kiting since the two line days and this spot is definatly not known for surfing at all :) good luck to you boys, hope to catch you out there for a ride soon.

WF1
SA, 8 posts
21 Jan 2010 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

There are some fortunate and very privilege people that have been let in on the secret spot. The wind, waves and sun are all looking like they will line up once again for Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday.

No matter how far and wide we search, we keep coming back to the local spots that rock.

max14
SA, 220 posts
21 Jan 2010 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

i count myself to be very lucky and privileged, thanks guys, your secret is very safe :) wish i was here this weekend. Your def right though, we have some awesome conditions locally :)

bennyboost
WA, 66 posts
21 Jan 2010 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

..are you SA boys crossing the border again to WA?

lotofwind
NSW, 6450 posts
21 Jan 2010 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry to hear you live in south australia,but keep your heads up, it could be worse,
you could be in tassie

shitdetector
NSW, 100 posts
21 Jan 2010 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

^^^Look out when Kitedevil sees this. There will be hell to pay.

DJ12
WA, 42 posts
21 Jan 2010 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Unwarranted (and irrelevant) tassie abuse. I had some brilliant sessions when I was there over chrissy!

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
21 Jan 2010 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Mark _australia said...

"Veterans"

= people who have been kiting for more than a week and know how to give way

"new spot"

= been surfed and windsurfed before but kiters found it

Aaah Mark- why don't you stay in your poledancing safe area ? we don't like you so don't come here.....

lotofwind
NSW, 6450 posts
21 Jan 2010 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

DJ12 said...

Unwarranted (and irrelevant) tassie abuse. I had some brilliant sessions when I was there over chrissy!

Yeah,Im sorry for the tassie bash.
The kiteing there is pretty good and really uncrowed,and its not frowned upon to have sex with your hot cousins
Heaven on earth

max14
SA, 220 posts
21 Jan 2010 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

lol you guys have no idea how good we have it here, but you can still think its **** if ya want... Just means less crowds here :)

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
22 Jan 2010 12:36AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah you tell them blake.

I especially like the way you never kite to keep the local spots less crowded.

Good on ya.lol.

But there is a lot of diferance between surf and wind swell. If you could be bothered driving 3hrs down the coast you would see the diferance. So for now i will keep hiting the surf down south and ride flat water at Whyalla. You should check out my new 6 foot bamboo Fone custom board Winter on the west coast is going to rule with this.

The new secret spot is a old windsurfing spot, so not realy that new at all. But i have never heard of anyone riding it on a kite so good on you Wank factor guys.

max14
SA, 220 posts
22 Jan 2010 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

where have you been the last few weeks waxy? We have been kiting and winching heaps, even built a new slider...

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
22 Jan 2010 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

I have been everywhere it feels like but am keen on trying out the new slider. Just had a Off shore sesion at lincoln a little gusty but a bit of fun. But have been down Cofins way and over the YP a bit have allso kited Port Augusta from the power station all the way back to the yacht club there are some good spots along there and rode a NE gusty wind at there back beach from around the ski club to the train bridge. Hope to get out in the surf on the new 6 foot bamboo fone board in the next couple of days and will probaly be flying a giant tuna at some stage this weekend. But hopefuly will be able to get a kite in whyalla in a couple of weeks I have the boots back on and are hanging for some flat water

WF1
SA, 8 posts
23 Jan 2010 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

Guess where we were this afternoon?

lotofwind
NSW, 6450 posts
23 Jan 2010 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^în bed with your hot cousin????

myusernam
QLD, 6085 posts
23 Jan 2010 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

WF1 said...

There are some fortunate and very privilege people that have been let in on the secret spot. The wind, waves and sun are all looking like they will line up once again for Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday.

No matter how far and wide we search, we keep coming back to the local spots that rock.

I'd let in a few more - you decrease the odds if you give the great whites more targets.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
24 Jan 2010 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

WF1 said...

Guess where we were this afternoon?

I guess you werent kiting in the 29kts gusting to 39kts recorded on the bom site.
And if you were how was the wind swell/big chop at the secret spot/old news.

I dont think i have seen you wank factor guys down kiting at all this season but you do seem to spend a lot of time in the car park watching. What gives to good to kit with the rest of the locals. There would probaly be 40% of kitters down the beach that wouldnt know you boys lots of new guys this year.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"New Secret Spot" started by WF1