Forums > Kitesurfing General

Melville action

Created by Number > 9 months ago, 24 Jan 2013
Number
WA, 108 posts
24 Jan 2013 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

Melville always offer it's fair share of kite entertainment but yesterday it got even better...

WeirdEd
VIC, 268 posts
24 Jan 2013 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe a revolutionary new spinnaker prototype?
Unfortunately the guy is using it on the wrong course...

kkiter
NSW, 452 posts
24 Jan 2013 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

It's already been done...years ago.

Beanz
WA, 75 posts
24 Jan 2013 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

I found the conditions yesterday at Melville as the gustiest and ugliest conditions I have been in. Holes everywhere. Was it just me? I was on a 9m Rebel, constantly messing with the depower cord, only then to struggle to launch - then once up and going skittling downwind across the top of the surface. I felt like a beginner again. I am 70kg and left my 7m in the car - wrong decision??

arloj
WA, 237 posts
24 Jan 2013 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

Beanz said...
I found the conditions yesterday at Melville as the gustiest and ugliest conditions I have been in. Holes everywhere.

The question you have to ask yourself is when isnt it gusty at Melville

Beanz
WA, 75 posts
24 Jan 2013 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Mate, yes you are right however I am talking relatively to normal. I kite down at Melville mostly and am aware of how gusty it is v beach. Yesterday though was insane I thought?

arloj
WA, 237 posts
24 Jan 2013 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

Il take your word for it then. Il be going down to Perth Friday to demo a shinn monk an meville was on my sights for the afternoon hope its good

Akwa
WA, 255 posts
24 Jan 2013 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Haha Nice! yeah I was there for a little while to have a quick after-work session. Was 'good' old Melville I suppose. Lot's of beginners f'ing around, but I suppose that was me not that long ago.

However have never had my kite stuck on a boat though or any other obstacle for that matter haha

Intheozone
WA, 247 posts
24 Jan 2013 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Not me this time

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
24 Jan 2013 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Number said...

Melville always offer it's fair share of kite entertainment but yesterday it got even better...

I saw that... The yachtie anchoring his boat in the middle of the kite zone wasn't the best move, the I thought he had a nice flag, but realized it was a kite! Oh dear ...

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
24 Jan 2013 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

arloj said...
Beanz said...
I found the conditions yesterday at Melville as the gustiest and ugliest conditions I have been in. Holes everywhere.

The question you have to ask yourself is when isnt it gusty at Melville

True arloj, but yesterday was seriously gusty. Today was rock steady by comparison.... Beautiful

Number
WA, 108 posts
25 Jan 2013 12:01AM
Thumbs Up

Beanz said...
I found the conditions yesterday at Melville as the gustiest and ugliest conditions I have been in. Holes everywhere. Was it just me? I was on a 9m Rebel, constantly messing with the depower cord, only then to struggle to launch - then once up and going skittling downwind across the top of the surface. I felt like a beginner again. I am 70kg and left my 7m in the car - wrong decision??

I have noticed that the earlier the breeze kicks in, the gustyer it is. And since Melville is gusty by default it's getting even worse there.

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
25 Jan 2013 1:03AM
Thumbs Up

melville is awesome...

please stay there kooks and learners.

Akwa
WA, 255 posts
25 Jan 2013 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

I'm surprised nobody has pulled the 'and it's not even a Cabrinha' comment yet..?

kiterboy
2614 posts
25 Jan 2013 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Akwa said...
I'm surprised nobody has pulled the 'and it's not even a Cabrinha' comment yet..?

Well it's not a tree, is it?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Melville action" started by Number