Forums > Kitesurfing General

Lombok and Bali

Created by Surfer62 > 9 months ago, 19 Jun 2016
Surfer62
1357 posts
19 Jun 2016 6:05AM
Thumbs Up

Only four weeks til the annual trip to escape the cold vicco winter, who else is heading over ?

LostinSpace
QLD, 388 posts
19 Jun 2016 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

Can't this year as already been to Sri Lanka so used my once a year O/S kitey credits up. But my mate Gav who you met in Sanur last year with me is living over at Kaliantan, Lombok. He seems to have that place well worked out if you care to make your way there. I could pass on his contact if you care to PM me

Simsurf
WA, 237 posts
19 Jun 2016 8:56AM
Thumbs Up

Am heading to SE Lombok in 4 weeks. Staying near Ekkas. Fingers crossed for wind.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
20 Jun 2016 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Yes - No - Maybe.

Surfer62
1357 posts
21 Jun 2016 5:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said..
Yes - No - Maybe.

Come on haak wont be the same without you and erica

Kited danger last night , water temp 12, air temp 12, 5/4 wetty and hood, brrrrrrrrr, looking forward to mid to high 20s and boardies in Bali.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
21 Jun 2016 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

5/4 wetty, Pffft soft

YorksBoy
SA, 215 posts
22 Jun 2016 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be at sanur jully 26 till August 23 hope the wind gets better

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
22 Jun 2016 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

There 22 july til 7th August

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
22 Jun 2016 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
YorksBoy said..
I'll be at sanur jully 26 till August 23 hope the wind gets better

Hey Yorks, we hope to be in Sanur on the 25th. We hang out at Bagus kiting about 300 meters north of the Rip Curl mob. Come and join us.

T one
NT, 321 posts
23 Jun 2016 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

will prob be in the vicinity at some stage
u comin bomber?

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
23 Jun 2016 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
T one said..
u comin bomber?

... yes,,, 31st July to 14th August, gunna be a bit hard with out my partner in crime but yes,,,, see you there!!!!

Surfer62
1357 posts
24 Jun 2016 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Puetz said..

T one said..
u comin bomber?

... yes,,, 31st July to 14th August, gunna be a bit hard with out my partner in crime but yes,,,, see you there!!!!

Great news Robbie, Im in sanur from 25 july after week or so in lombok, looking forwrad to few coldies at putus

Surfer62
1357 posts
24 Jun 2016 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

By the way it is currently 4.8 celcius here in the south today, snow at Lorne on the coast !!!!!

YorksBoy
SA, 215 posts
24 Jun 2016 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry just checked dates 22july to18aug stay at besakhi will have 14m rally and 17m turbine

YorksBoy
SA, 215 posts
24 Jun 2016 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Can't remember dates but there will be Cabrinha 2017 demo day to about 8th aug

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
24 Jun 2016 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
YorksBoy said..
Can't remember dates but there will be Cabrinha 2017 demo day to about 8th aug

... actually,,,, 5th August!!!!

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
24 Jun 2016 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surfer62 said...
By the way it is currently 4.8 celcius here in the south today, snow at Lorne on the coast !!!!!

... Geezus dude,,,, were happy if our esky is 4.8 degrees!!!!

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
24 Jun 2016 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surfer62 said..

Puetz said..

T one said..
u comin bomber?

Great news Robbie, Im in sanur from 25 july after week or so in lombok, looking forwrad to few coldies at putus

... me too!!!!

pepeman
SA, 114 posts
4 Jul 2016 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from 2 weeks in Lombok / Bali :)
Had a great time of course, how could you not.
Unfortunately didn't pump up my 10m at all because Indo is not reliable for wind.
Spent time at Ekas & Kaliatan which is the new place to go for wind.
Well don't bet on it.
The guys over there think 17 knots is cranking !
This is the second time Indo has let me down.
If you surf too its great as the waves there will not let you down.

Stormboy
SA, 86 posts
5 Jul 2016 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Pepes right! Great surf in indo and weather and food and euro chicks. But really unless u regularly ride 14s or bigger it's not that gd for kiting.
Haven't been to lakeys too scared of seeing that many crew on those awesome waves.

Surfer62
1357 posts
5 Jul 2016 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stormboy said..
Pepes right! Great surf in indo and weather and food and euro chicks. But really unless u regularly ride 14s or bigger it's not that gd for kiting.
Haven't been to lakeys too scared of seeing that many crew on those awesome waves.

Been going july and august last 8 years and always got wind, late july to september best, last year 2nd week august overpowered on 11 at kaliantan, others on 8s, im taking my 8 this year just for kaliantan, used my 11 most of the time in sanur as well, took a 15 for the light days, had 148 tt and 6' wainman sb, used the 15 3 times and those days finished on the 11. 84kgs give or take a bintang.

This year will be 8,11,15 with 148 tt and 6' Hayden

windrider323
VIC, 48 posts
5 Jul 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

See you there mate
call me re airport run- u sharing a car with us?
steve

Stormboy
SA, 86 posts
5 Jul 2016 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hey surfer that's great is the wave out the back at kaliantan a quality wave or r u mostly playing in the lagoon, or down winders along that outer reef?
Lovely spot!

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
5 Jul 2016 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surfer62 said..

Stormboy said..

Been going july and august last 8 years and always got wind, late july to september best, last year 2nd week august overpowered on 11 at kaliantan, others on 8s, im taking my 8 this year just for kaliantan, used my 11 most of the time in sanur as well, took a 15 for the light days, had 148 tt and 6' wainman sb, used the 15 3 times and those days finished on the 11. 84kgs give or take a bintang.

From a Darwinian perspective peeps . It's different up here and you have to keep it real If you wanna enjoy it.

Firstly .It's a holiday , it's warm , it's different.

It's not western Oz in summer , it's not Victorian heavy wind. Know southern Vic and SA very well. Grew up windsurfing and kiting there.

Take gear to cover a range of wind as can be seen by Cols selection. Its not what you would expect from a southern kiters perspective.

There can be good wind in various places especially Lakey and Kaliantan and Banda Aceh and probably other sweet spots.
Been to Lakey once and it's great. Used 12 and 9. . Havent been to Kaliantan. .

Sanur , less so but we have a lot of fun. Relax , have few beers , eat some local food and ride a few waves , tell a few stories , maybe on big kites ,, maybe not.
Usually big boards
For me - 85 kgs , nugget , 17 , 12 , 9. Probably won't the use the 9
Last year I kited 19 days , 22July - 10 Aug . 70 % 12 and the rest 17.
I Rarely use a smaller board in Sanur , just adjust the kite.

But we enjoy it because we know its shortcomings - beers , waves , some wind and great people. 17 knots gives us good times.

Its the vibe as well as the kiting. Indo has that element

Cheers.

Surfer62
1357 posts
6 Jul 2016 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stormboy said...
Hey surfer that's great is the wave out the back at kaliantan a quality wave or r u mostly playing in the lagoon, or down winders along that outer reef?
Lovely spot!

Not epic waves but fun and lots of variety out the back and the lagoon is fun on the tt, note low tide means no access to lagoon as the seaweed farmers crops are expised and you dont want to go upsetting the licals

Surfer62
1357 posts
6 Jul 2016 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eddiemorgs said...
Surfer62 said..

Stormboy said..

From a Darwinian perspective peeps . It's different up here and you have to keep it real If you wanna enjoy it.

Firstly .It's a holiday , it's warm , it's different.

It's not western Oz in summer , it's not Victorian heavy wind. Know southern Vic and SA very well. Grew up windsurfing and kiting there.

Take gear to cover a range of wind as can be seen by Cols selection. Its not what you would expect from a southern kiters perspective.

There can be good wind in various places especially Lakey and Kaliantan and Banda Aceh and probably other sweet spots.
Been to Lakey once and it's great. Used 12 and 9. . Havent been to Kaliantan. .

Sanur , less so but we have a lot of fun. Relax , have few beers , eat some local food and ride a few waves , tell a few stories , maybe on big kites ,, maybe not.
Usually big boards
For me - 85 kgs , nugget , 17 , 12 , 9. Probably won't the use the 9
Last year I kited 19 days , 22July - 10 Aug . 70 % 12 and the rest 17.
I Rarely use a smaller board in Sanur , just adjust the kite.

But we enjoy it because we know its shortcomings - beers , waves , some wind and great people. 17 knots gives us good times.

Cheers.

^^^^^^^^ summed up perfectly, its about fun, good company and.chilling out, see you there

Surfer62
1357 posts
6 Jul 2016 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
windrider323 said...
See you there mate
call me re airport run- u sharing a car with us?
steve

New phone, lost your number again, drop around

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
6 Jul 2016 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surfer62 said..

high as a kite said..
Yes - No - Maybe.

Kited danger last night , water temp 12, air temp 12, 5/4 wetty and hood, brrrrrrrrr, looking forward to mid to high 20s and boardies in Bali.

Hey surfer 62
This is the other half, the non grumpy one. 18 days to go. Fly out of adelaide late arvo sun. 24 july...fly back on red eye special sat 5th aug. Can not wait. I am on his computer so hope this will post. C u in sanur xx

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
6 Jul 2016 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Cheers.

Plus the locals come and pick me up when i drop the 17 at okka's .

I havent had my bali quiver out since bali last year. Might pay to check it out.

Going to buy beverage going through duty free this year. Been 7 years since last drop, could be interesting .

As wifey said, not long now

Surfer62
1357 posts
6 Jul 2016 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said...

Surfer62 said..

high as a kite said..
Yes - No - Maybe.

Hey surfer 62
This is the other half, the non grumpy one. 18 days to go. Fly out of adelaide late arvo sun. 24 july...fly back on red eye special sat 5th aug. Can not wait. I am on his computer so hope this will post. C u in sanur xx

Good girl, andi says hi and wants to go shopping with you

Surfer62
1357 posts
6 Jul 2016 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said...

Cheers.

Plus the locals come and pick me up when i drop the 17 at okka's .

I havent had my bali quiver out since bali last year. Might pay to check it out.

Going to buy beverage going through duty free this year. Been 7 years since last drop, could be interesting .

As wifey said, not long now

7 years? Break a mirror did we

So you will be charming and not argumentive, awesome

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Lombok and Bali" started by Surfer62