Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kitesurf Instructor Visa

Created by Lattoale > 9 months ago, 5 Apr 2015
Lattoale
QLD, 8 posts
5 Apr 2015 6:23AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all mates,

I am 24 years old IKO qualified instructor from Italy. I would like to come to Australia to teach kitesurfing. I hope there are some dudes not from Australia that can help me out with Visa process etc.
I already used my Working Holiday when I was working there last year and I was wondering if there are other ways to work as an Instructor under other types of Visa different from the Working Holiday.

Secondly, are there school willing to sponsor a Working Visa?

Cheers

RPM
WA, 1549 posts
5 Apr 2015 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Lattoale said...
Hi all mates,

I am 24 years old IKO qualified instructor from Italy. I would like to come to Australia to teach kitesurfing. I hope there are some dudes not from Australia that can help me out with Visa process etc.
I already used my Working Holiday when I was working there last year and I was wondering if there are other ways to work as an Instructor under other types of Visa different from the Working Holiday.

Secondly, are there school willing to sponsor a Working Visa?

Cheers

If you contact seabreeze member 'Loftywinds' he will be able to guide you in this process. He may even sponsor you!

ExSurfCentre
WA, 481 posts
5 Apr 2015 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Mate, I really don't want to smash your dreams and I hear your enthusiasm, I was in the same boat as you a few years ago.

There is no way of gaining a working visa based on your qualification as a kitesurf instructor, Its not a recognised skill under the Australian migration scheme, even if you were looking at a work sponsorship the minimum wage you would require from an employer would be around $52000, there is no school/shop that could pay that wage to an instructor.

I see the only other way for yourself would be looking at a student visa, this allows you to study and work but I believe your working hours are capped at 20 hours a week which makes it near on impossible to live on your earnings.

I hate to be negative but its just the way it is. If you really want to come to Oz, check out the government websites and see what skills are in demand, If you have some great, if not spend a few years gaining the relevant qualifications back home then apply for a visa. Its well worth the effort and hard work once your here.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
5 Apr 2015 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

With hrs capped at 20 per week you need to find a school that is prepared to average out working hrs & wages over time.
May get 40 hrs one week none the next - if thats 20 hrs per week then ur sweet.
For the right instructor I know one school that will work this system ;-)
And they need a senior instructor to start in Sept.

Enough to have "Wet Dreams" about. PM me if you like & I'll hook u up.

Taurus
VIC, 189 posts
5 Apr 2015 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Marry an Australian girl.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
5 Apr 2015 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Taurus said..
Marry an Australian girl.

hes not that desperate yet

Greggor
QLD, 191 posts
5 Apr 2015 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

Did you do your rural service?

Lattoale
QLD, 8 posts
6 Apr 2015 2:24AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks a lot guys for the tips, really helpful. I will check again on the Immigration website, maybe I will try to study the Instructor Visa, not sure if the IKO is included in the list tho. Hope to see ya all in the water, missing the OZ swell and constant wind.

Lattoale
QLD, 8 posts
6 Apr 2015 2:30AM
Thumbs Up

Ahahah laughing so hard guys. You are right. But if my plan A B C D…V will not work, than I will go for it. Cheers guys

Lattoale
QLD, 8 posts
6 Apr 2015 2:31AM
Thumbs Up

No, I have worked for a LAw Firm for few months under the Working Holiday.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitesurf Instructor Visa" started by Lattoale