Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kite n Coffee shop - Townsville

Created by gkawo > 9 months ago, 15 Apr 2014
gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
15 Apr 2014 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Hi new to the forum.

Local beginner from Brisbane travelling through Townsville.

Anyone know who used to own the Kite 'n' Coffee shop in Townsville, next to Rowes Bay?

Just drove past, had great coffee, but they have nothing to do with kite surfing, even though the name has not changed.

I am also curious because of this video ...

<video removed by moderator>

Is there still issues locally here, friendly locals, whom to avoid, etc?

Cheers

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
15 Apr 2014 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Pauly aka KitesCoffee left Townsville towards the end of 2011 and ever since the kiting community has been super chilled here. Townsville is a very nice place to visit, kite, hang with locals and explore the awesome surrounding locations like Lucinda and Alva Beach.

Mate no need to worry! Its all easy street kiting in the Ville as you will experience when you come down to Pallarenda for a session.

Cheers
Marv

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
15 Apr 2014 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Vid from 2011.
Vid from Alex Sanz. Dangerously & seriously slanderous Im guessing - WTF. (What thats saying about kettles & pots )
Alex is well known to all the old school kiters out there but obviously kept his head down for a long time now.
Or is it just that that he has been banned from Seabreeze.

Noticed too a reference in the VID about 'Adrenlyn Rush Kiteboarding'.
I know nothing of this Townsville Coffee Shop (or any owner ever) but can confidently state that Joe & Mel from "Adrenlyn Rush Kiteboarding" in Mackay would have nothing to do with any operation which could be described as per Mr Sanz review. Great guys & great operators.

gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
15 Apr 2014 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
INTHELOOP said...
Pauly aka KitesCoffee left Townsville towards the end of 2011 and ever since the kiting community has been super chilled here. Townsville is a very nice place to visit, kite, hang with locals and explore the awesome surrounding locations like Lucinda and Alva Beach.

Mate no need to worry! Its all easy street kiting in the Ville as you will experience when you come down to Pallarenda for a session.
Cheers
Marv

Cheers Marv. Unfortunately I am already in Cairns and just as well. Winds are slowly going to pump here. Next time, I'll drop in.

Don't know who red-thumbed you though. Someone obviously disagrees, but it sounds like all that **** in the video is in the past. Wanky video I must say.

BennyB12
QLD, 918 posts
15 Apr 2014 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hectic slander.. I'd wanna punch on with him after that! That's if I could punch on, which I can't..unless it was a slanderous hobbit like creature....
Anyways I kited Townsville and muck-eye and even blowen and everybody in those parts was super friendly... Typical of nth Queensland in general really...

stamp
QLD, 2760 posts
15 Apr 2014 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BennyB12 said..

Hectic slander.. I'd wanna punch on with him after that! ..

you're not alone. most people who meet him want to punch him within a couple of minutes.

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
15 Apr 2014 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Unbiased investigative journalism at its best as always from Sanz

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
16 Apr 2014 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

be careful what you wish for.. Alex might just rock up at your local causing a foil kite revolution and stirring a few things up here and there.

Gkawo have fun in Cairns catch you around mate

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
16 Apr 2014 6:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stamp said..

BennyB12 said..

Hectic slander.. I'd wanna punch on with him after that! ..

you're not alone. most people who meet him want to punch him within a couple of minutes.

I think that actually might be the reason I'm his biggest fan...

James01
QLD, 283 posts
16 Apr 2014 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

hi there,

I am making the assumption this is Paul, the ex Navy guy.

Really surprised by this as I rode with him on the GC and in Townsville many years ago.

Always was a great guy in my experience.

I really question the motives behind that video..........

Good winds!

patto1987
NSW, 194 posts
16 Apr 2014 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
INTHELOOP said...
be careful what you wish for.. Alex might just rock up at your local causing a foil kite revolution and stirring a few things up here and there.

Gkawo have fun in Cairns catch you around mate

You should get him on a set of Chronos.. Might shut him up about the x19 and build the kitefoil revolution....

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
16 Apr 2014 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

can someone pm me the video? i feel like i missed out something good.

WeirdEd
VIC, 268 posts
17 Apr 2014 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Charl dv said..

Just search youtube and the kite forums for Alex Sanz. The guy is unbelievable, first I wasn't sure if it's a parody or real. Unfortunately it's real.

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
17 Apr 2014 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Charl dv said..

... done! To be honest he's pretty funny,,,,but then again I don't know the full history so I don't know that its not funny!

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
17 Apr 2014 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

This one sums him up well.

Check they guy just sitting there going 'p... off knobhead'

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Apr 2014 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WeirdEd said..

Charl dv said..

Just search youtube and the kite forums for Alex Sanz. The guy is unbelievable, first I wasn't sure if it's a parody or real. fortunately it's real.

FIXED.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite n Coffee shop - Townsville" started by gkawo