Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kite Stars Grom Squad

Created by Lincoln > 9 months ago, 13 Feb 2009
Lincoln
VIC, 52 posts
13 Feb 2009 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

Kite Stars Grom Squad
Ewan and I with the support of Kite Republic are trying to get a group of Victorian Junior Kiteboarders together on a regular basis to try and help each other speed up each others progression and learn new tricks. It would also be a great opportunity to meet other groms in Victoria and try and build the number of junior Kiteboarders in the state.
We would meet every 2nd Saturday at St Kilda for at 2pm for a 2 hour progression session

Anyone who is interested please email either me or Ewan
lincoln.reeves@hotmail.com
ewanjaspan@hotmail.com

Thanks
Lincoln

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
13 Feb 2009 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

im in!
.... oh wait i thought you said compression session.

kiter zac
QLD, 295 posts
13 Feb 2009 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

you lads comming up to the coconet classic?

Lincoln
VIC, 52 posts
13 Feb 2009 10:46PM
Thumbs Up

yeah defiantly I booked my accommodation and the end of last years comp

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
13 Feb 2009 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

yeh it woud be great if you coud all get in contact with us. there arent enough juniors in the state that get together and that is the aim of this group. we will as linc said be having a session every second weekend to learn new tricks or just to get up and riding properly. we can do downwinders or car pool around the bay folowing the wind. if there is no wind we can go to lincolns house or sommthin and watch kiting dvds on the 'big screen'....

please get in contact.

p.s sorry i dithced u tonight lincoln but altona was SICK! it was 30+ knots and completely flat water. i was kitelooping my arse off (like 13-14 meters up) it was nuts.

i love torches

oh yeah i am goin to the nats as well so say hi to me or lincs. i am on green and brown 8m torch or blue amd pink 12m and lincoln haas 7m and 11m red and black 09 fuels

kiter zac
QLD, 295 posts
14 Feb 2009 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

righto guys ill look out for ya. im just going in the freestyle comp, ive got a 10m SB3 white with green stripe. where yous staying? im lucky i live here

Stephan2
VIC, 4 posts
14 Feb 2009 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Kite Stars Grom Squad
Ewan and I with the support of Kite Republic are trying to get a group of Victorian Junior Kiteboarders together on a regular basis to try and help each other speed up each others progression and learn new tricks. It would also be a great opportunity to meet other groms in Victoria and try and build the number of junior Kiteboarders in the state.
We would meet every 2nd Saturday at St Kilda for at 2pm for a 2 hour progression session

Sounds great, im in Black Rock but would defs be up for heading up to st kilda for this.

cabstar
VIC, 328 posts
14 Feb 2009 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

sounds good look out for a black and white flexi foil atom trying to rip it up and gettin owend and come have a chat

jackgearo
NSW, 331 posts
14 Feb 2009 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

which kites do u prefer lincoln or ewan torches or fuels? looking at starting to ride c kites again dont know wether to go 4 fuels or torches...... didn't want to hijack the topc but it was already off course. good luck finding some other kids round st kilda.
jack

Lincoln
VIC, 52 posts
14 Feb 2009 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Ewan will tell you that torches are better but i like the fuels just because of the simplicity of only having 4 lines and also how stable the kite is when unhooking

When i've flown ewans kites if found them to be quite twichy but thats just my opinion he'll tell you the opposite.

The fuels have alot less depower than the torches but the relanch on the fuel is as easy as any bow kite whereas with the torch you have to use the fith line to roll it on to it's back.

you realy have to try the two kites and see which one you prefere because there very different
Lincoln

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
14 Feb 2009 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

the torch has more depower than the fuel and is more stable. they both turn about the same speed and kiteloop about the same but the torch catches you better on the loops and gives u a softer landing. the fuel is a bit more powerful the 11m is about the same as my 12m torch. if u are just getting into c's then go the torch coz of the depower and stability.

as lincoln said i will tell u the opposite of him tho....

cya at hookstock tommorow
ewan

p.s torches rock!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
14 Feb 2009 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Fuel.

bellz
WA, 572 posts
15 Feb 2009 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

fuel

General
WA, 471 posts
15 Feb 2009 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Fuel

Abesy
WA, 266 posts
15 Feb 2009 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

i would recomend best waroos for their level of riding

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
16 Feb 2009 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

anyone else?

we will be holding the first meeting this weekend. please send us your details if you want to join'

ewanjaspan@hotmail.com
stinkylinky01@hotmail.com

ewan

p.s has anyone actually tried the torch 'properly'

andyy
QLD, 232 posts
16 Feb 2009 11:33PM
Thumbs Up

Rode Torches for 2 years. Fuel for one.

2009 Fuel

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
16 Feb 2009 11:56PM
Thumbs Up

waroos? i think more along the lines of an airush DNA

Fuel.

i owned a torch.... definitly fuel, to say torch is just plain silly.

hookworm
VIC, 600 posts
17 Feb 2009 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

car pool around the bay looking for wind hey! you guy's are so lucky your dads are just as stoked about kiteboarding as you are bet there gunna be real stoked when ten groms rock up looking for a lift! good luck Rob and Andrew you might want to look into gettin a stretch hummer with roof racks.
P.s do i qualify as a grom seeing i suck and need help?
Please please please can i join we'll have an anual event called gromstock i promiss....!
And it wont involve using young kiters as a basis for soup! get it gromstock! soup!
I suck at making funnies

kristyjane
17 posts
27 Feb 2009 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Hey. Got two tickets up for grabs for Coconet Classic due to change of plans. Now going to Melbourne for Easter but give me a reply if you're interested.

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
27 Feb 2009 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

update: the first meeting was held at saint kilda last saturday but only 3 turned up, lincoln, josh and me. we have made contact with others but they werent able to come but hopefully that was just a start and the grouo will continue to grow. we had great conditions for the first meeting with 20+ knots southerly at saint kilda.

we hope to hold the next meet up next weekend at whereever the wind blows. if u cant get a lift i am sure someone will pick u up and if myself or lincoln are passing by ur house on the way (really just as long as it isnt half an hour in the wrong direction) i would be happy to pick u up (well my parents) as i am sure lincoln would be.

please contact me or lincoln via PM or e-mail
ewanjaspan@hotmail.com

my phone number is (03) 95939306

thanks and hope to see everyone next weekend

ewan

tommyb
QLD, 103 posts
27 Feb 2009 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

lincoln dont u ride GIN kites or something?

Lincoln
VIC, 52 posts
27 Feb 2009 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

i used to ride Gins but i had the same kites for about 18 months and i realy wanted to try somthing else. I was planning to fly the new nazcas when they came out, but when kite republic started to stock slingshot i decided i would like to try the fuels and i just loved them.

hookworm
VIC, 600 posts
27 Feb 2009 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

ewan kite said...

update: the first meeting was held at saint kilda last saturday but only 3 turned up, lincoln, josh and me. we have made contact with others but they werent able to come but hopefully that was just a start and the grouo will continue to grow. we had great conditions for the first meeting with 20+ knots southerly at saint kilda.

we hope to hold the next meet up next weekend at whereever the wind blows. if u cant get a lift i am sure someone will pick u up and if myself or lincoln are passing by ur house on the way (really just as long as it isnt half an hour in the wrong direction) i would be happy to pick u up (well my parents) as i am sure lincoln would be.

please contact me or lincoln via PM or e-mai
ewanjaspan@hotmail.com

my phone number is (03) 95939306

thanks and hope to see everyone next weekend

ewan

ha ha stinkylinky

kristyjane
17 posts
3 Mar 2009 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Hey. Got one ticket up for grabs for Coconet Classic due to change of plans. Give me a reply if you're interested.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kite Stars Grom Squad" started by Lincoln