Forums > Kitesurfing General

(Hydro)Foiling in 360 ??? ;)

Created by Sir V > 9 months ago, 22 Dec 2016
Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
22 Dec 2016 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys, I'm starting to venture in 360 cameras..

Editing is a B***h though. Getting your mind around how the thing works, cutting in Premiere Pro which is 2D and then making sure it has a good viewing is rather a tricky affair.

Click and drag, zoom in and out, left, right, up, down.. you may need to watch a few times to figure out where to look and when , The fact you can see the wave behind, or the rider, or the board, or the kite ALL IN THE SAME SHOT really does your head in. So I go back and watch the same bit from another perspective to get and get it all. Now imagine editing that MoFo.. geez, I get a headache every time.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to share.

Peace up and sweet Seabreezes

V

Piros
QLD, 6879 posts
22 Dec 2016 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Cool V but I couldn't scroll on this one like on FB

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
22 Dec 2016 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Strange, I seem to be able to.

Gorgo
VIC, 4911 posts
22 Dec 2016 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Doesn't work in Safari. Does work in IE. Performance is pretty bad but shows the possibilities.

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
22 Dec 2016 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Yes, the quality is still very much a work in progress. Technology is not there yet.. but it's coming. I hope by then I know what I am doing LOL

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
22 Dec 2016 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gorgo said..
Doesn't work in Safari. Does work in IE. Performance is pretty bad but shows the possibilities.

Do people still used those browsers?

Worked fine in Chrome.

Plummet
4862 posts
22 Dec 2016 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

I like it. Means you can pan around to what you want to see! Rather than trying multiple camera angles!

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
22 Dec 2016 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said...
Gorgo said..

Do people still used those browsers?

Worked fine in Chrome.

You can stream Netflix at 1080 in IE and Edge, you can't in any other browser

snalberski
WA, 857 posts
22 Dec 2016 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

That was the closest I've ever been to having motion sickness

noodelsrominov
VIC, 265 posts
23 Dec 2016 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

I'm no editing expert but I think with 360 you need to have the scenes play for longer. Just as soon as I started to get my bearings in your edit the film would cut to a new position and I would need to re work out where I was. You need to give people time to look around and explore in these movies.

Gorgo
VIC, 4911 posts
23 Dec 2016 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

I think the 360 thing as it currently stands is crap. It's like providing raw, unedited footage and telling people to edit it and watch your own movie. You're either looking at a window of the imagery and seeing nothing interesting, or you're seeing the whole image and trying to watch and absurdly distorted image.

What would be better is to have a pre-defined edit that shows you the best view of everhing, and then the viewer could choose to look at other stuff if they wanted.

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
23 Dec 2016 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gorgo said...
I think the 360 thing as it currently stands is crap. It's like providing raw, unedited footage and telling people to edit it and watch your own movie. You're either looking at a window of the imagery and seeing nothing interesting, or you're seeing the whole image and trying to watch and absurdly distorted image.

What would be better is to have a pre-defined edit that shows you the best view of everhing, and then the viewer could choose to look at other stuff if they wanted.

Have the video's view follow a "path" and be able to look around but snap back to the director's path...

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
24 Dec 2016 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
noodelsrominov said..
I'm no editing expert but I think with 360 you need to have the scenes play for longer. Just as soon as I started to get my bearings in your edit the film would cut to a new position and I would need to re work out where I was. You need to give people time to look around and explore in these movies.

Select to expand quote
Kamikuza said..

Gorgo said...

Have the video's view follow a "path" and be able to look around but snap back to the director's path...

I agree Noodles, they need to be longer. It means a new thinking process as I am still trying to make them short and not boring. But since this format engages the viewer I guess a little longer will still be watchable.

I hear Gorgo's and Kamikuza's points and will try to follow this in future, valid input guys

Cheers.

Peace up and sweet Seabreezes for Xmas and the whole of the New Year

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
24 Dec 2016 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

I don't even know if that's possible, but that's what I would like to see :D

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"(Hydro)Foiling in 360 ??? ;)" started by Sir V