Forums > Kitesurfing General

Coming to Australia april till august 2016

Created by Kitingtheglobe > 9 months ago, 11 Sep 2015
Kitingtheglobe
1 posts
11 Sep 2015 4:26AM
Thumbs Up

Aloha fellow kiteboarding addicts!

Let me just briefly introduce myself. Im Rodney, 26 years of age and a Dutch resident. Im planning to go to Thailand in oktober and staying for a month. Then i will visit family in New Zealand en then head out on an epic 2-3 month road trip:) After my time in NZ i would like to spend time in Australia. I plan to live and work near some good beaches.

After some research on the internet i've come across some varying information regarding wind conditions and kite spots in Auzie. I would like to get some practical information from locals across Auzie on the wind conditions from april till august. My goal is to find out which places in Auzie are best suitable for kitesurfing within that period.

Rider profile:
75 kg
Freeride and freestyle
North Evo 12
North Dice 8
North Jamie 2015

I hope you guys can help me out with some more detailed information and experiences!

Cheerzzz

KIT33R
NSW, 1714 posts
11 Sep 2015 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Not much wind on the east coast that time of year unless you head to far north Queensland from June when the trade winds blow. Ocean stingers (box jelly fish and irukandji) are usually gone by late June.

Call Kite Surfari for a memorable trip up north from April.
www.australiankitesurfari.com.au/

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
11 Sep 2015 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Not much wind at all on the west coast unless u want frontal gusts. My advice would be bring your surf board it pumps that time of year

bjw
NSW, 3568 posts
11 Sep 2015 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Yes. Stay North of Cairns. Flat water, but great weather and good wind. Enjoy!!

bjw
NSW, 3568 posts
11 Sep 2015 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Melbourne could also have wind, but really cold and unreliable.

Beelzebub
WA, 144 posts
11 Sep 2015 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

My advice is to reschedule your visit to NZ. November through February is usually very good (for kiting) in WA. No need for a 12m then either (at 75 kg 6-9 meters would be right most of the time)

Plummet
4862 posts
11 Sep 2015 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Beelzebub said..
My advice is to reschedule your visit to NZ. November through February is usually very good (for kiting) in WA. No need for a 12m then either (at 75 kg 6-9 meters would be right most of the time)

Don't listen to him.... nz is rocking oct/ through to Jan.... its the best time of the year! The year is predicted super el nino patter which means constant wind and swell for months.

If you want advice on nz north island kite spots I can help

iti
QLD, 417 posts
12 Sep 2015 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Just stay in the naki sic place

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Coming to Australia april till august 2016" started by Kitingtheglobe