19 Dec 2016 2:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

mowingthelawn said...

kitingtopher said...

cauncy said..

styling

This pic gets wheeled out more than farnseys last tour too.
New material boys

Well blow us away with some of your library
jT would make most of us look very ordinary on old gear , today

Saw a dude smash of a lip like that the other day in boots. He was slaying the waves. It looked awesome.

Plummet
4862 posts
19 Dec 2016 2:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gorgo said..
I agree that the waiting and bobbing and paddling and crowding of surfing is crap. But if you had succeeded in properly surfing some waves then you would know that the feeling is insane. It's a bit like foiling. "This shouldn't be possible, but it is! I should not be in this position, but I am! Wow!"

Yes I did and yes it is worthy. The connection between you, board and water. To feel the power of the wave. That moment when everything melts away and nothing else in the world matters. You are at one with the board the ocean, A zen like state. I have felt it and its awesome. Its so much fun it should be illegal!

Its call flow.

But its not exclusive to surfing. You can reach that heighted state of flow in most if not all adrenaline type sports. It's why i'm so stoked a lot of the time.
I can get to that mental state in all of my adrenaline sports.

So my point is. Its not exclusive to surfing. You don't have the secret to nirvana that no one else can unlock without surfing. Other people can and will reach that state of mind doing other stuff. Like boosting a TT in the waves.

So...... with that in mind we all need to respect each other fun. It may not be your personal nirvana but it is there's. You don't have a right to all the waves because your a surfer and neither does the TT Boosting guy. We need to recognize and respect everyone is entitled to their personal fun and respect that rather than thinking "my fun is more special and deserving that that persons".

Surfer62
1357 posts
19 Dec 2016 3:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eddiemorgs said..

Surfer62 said..
Guys, remember this is under the banner "humour" chill out and have fun on whatever floats your boat.

See ya soon HAAK

Hehe . You.... surfer62 ..... are a bloody trouble maker !

Hehe, Im not a kiter im just a very naughty boy,

By the way did i leave my jandels at your place and how was the red emporer ?

Dont forget your 4/3 for the trip south for xmas, water temp now up to about 16

Peahi
VIC, 1470 posts
19 Dec 2016 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djt91184 said..

Plummet said...

Gazuki said..

Plummet said..

HighzaKite said..

Only a surfer knows the feeling.

I call bollocks to this.

I've surfed thousands of waves kiting. Yet i'm not a surfer. I know what the feeling of surfing waves feels like. And to be honest. Its a bit boring.

Classic seabreeze!! Guys states that only a surfer know the feeling and get the above response,. call bull****,.. big rant but at the same time admits he's not a surfer but is an authoritarian on the topic, classic!!

I personally believe it is true that only a surfer know the feeling,.. yes you can kitesurf a wave but they are chalk and cheese and trying to compare the two is impossible. Nothing even comes close to pure surfing good waves. Kiting is a good substitute but I personally have never been able to replicate the stoke I get from surfing in kiting. Even when its cranking, you are never as connected. That initial drop, bottom turn and set up is something spirital, where as on a kite it just feels forced.
Why do you think it is such a huge part of the industry, ie trying to make kiting more like surfing. From boards that feel "more real" to sliding spreaders, ball loops etc,.. even the ambassadors of the sport admit there is a constant drive to get kiting closer to surfing but were not there yet,,. cant wait till we are though :)!!

Oh. I failed to mention that I have surfed in the past. (20 off years ago now) But I don't call my self a surfer. Didn't do it for me then and doesn't do it for me now. All that waiting and bobing around for a token few seconds of glory. Sure its fun and I understand the droping initial drop feeling and bottom turn. Its not enough for me. But its not the only sensation in the world that's fun.

Its great that your stoked and that others are stoked on surfing. But its just one of many stoke worthy sports. For me, surfing is a dead duck. To slow to much effort for not enough fun per hour. So I don't to it. I need more minutes of fun per hour.

Sounds like you dont have the slightest clue about surfing then

Sounds like he can't surf more like it

Plummet
4862 posts
19 Dec 2016 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HighzaKite said...
djt91184 said..

Plummet said...

Gazuki said..

Plummet said..

HighzaKite said..

Only a surfer knows the feeling.

I call bollocks to this.

I've surfed thousands of waves kiting. Yet i'm not a surfer. I know what the feeling of surfing waves feels like. And to be honest. Its a bit boring.

Classic seabreeze!! Guys states that only a surfer know the feeling and get the above response,. call bull****,.. big rant but at the same time admits he's not a surfer but is an authoritarian on the topic, classic!!

I personally believe it is true that only a surfer know the feeling,.. yes you can kitesurf a wave but they are chalk and cheese and trying to compare the two is impossible. Nothing even comes close to pure surfing good waves. Kiting is a good substitute but I personally have never been able to replicate the stoke I get from surfing in kiting. Even when its cranking, you are never as connected. That initial drop, bottom turn and set up is something spirital, where as on a kite it just feels forced.
Why do you think it is such a huge part of the industry, ie trying to make kiting more like surfing. From boards that feel "more real" to sliding spreaders, ball loops etc,.. even the ambassadors of the sport admit there is a constant drive to get kiting closer to surfing but were not there yet,,. cant wait till we are though :)!!

Oh. I failed to mention that I have surfed in the past. (20 off years ago now) But I don't call my self a surfer. Didn't do it for me then and doesn't do it for me now. All that waiting and bobing around for a token few seconds of glory. Sure its fun and I understand the droping initial drop feeling and bottom turn. Its not enough for me. But its not the only sensation in the world that's fun.

Its great that your stoked and that others are stoked on surfing. But its just one of many stoke worthy sports. For me, surfing is a dead duck. To slow to much effort for not enough fun per hour. So I don't to it. I need more minutes of fun per hour.

Sounds like you dont have the slightest clue about surfing then

Sounds like he can't surf more like it

Not interested in traditional surfing at all. Been there done that. 20 + years ago now. I wasn't for me then and isn't for me now.

But kiting on the other hand. Now that's way more stoke worthy.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
19 Dec 2016 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surfer62 said..

eddiemorgs said..

Surfer62 said..
Guys, remember this is under the banner "humour" chill out and have fun on whatever floats your boat.

See ya soon HAAK

You would have to be happy with 66 hits Surfer, and still milking it

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
19 Dec 2016 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surfer62 said..

eddiemorgs said..

Surfer62 said..

See ya soon HAAK

Haha. You bugger.

Yeah - wondered whose clodhoppers they weRe. Do you want then sent back ?

Ate the small one , very good thanks. Still to find enough people for the big one yet !

eddiemorgs
QLD, 390 posts
19 Dec 2016 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Sorry - back to the topic of the evils of tt vs surfing vs kiting....entertaining , diverse and open minded discussion once again on SB.

Have a great Xmas break you mob.

gcdave
534 posts
19 Dec 2016 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

TT riders should just hurry up and evolve

Plummet
4862 posts
19 Dec 2016 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gcdave said..

Into a sharkgull?

bjw
NSW, 3584 posts
19 Dec 2016 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gcdave said...

TT riders should go back to where they came from...

Body dragging.

straddiepaul
QLD, 160 posts
19 Dec 2016 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

SB riders should learn how to ride switch

JKimbler
317 posts
19 Dec 2016 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

cauncy said..

mowingthelawn said...

kitingtopher said...

cauncy said..

styling

This pic gets wheeled out more than farnseys last tour too.
New material boys

Well blow us away with some of your library
jT would make most of us look very ordinary on old gear , today

Saw a dude smash of a lip like that the other day in boots. He was slaying the waves. It looked awesome.

That's not a twin tip, it's an early prototype super thin Vanguard...haha. That's Jeff from O'ahu, ripper still.

eppo
WA, 9380 posts
19 Dec 2016 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Down the face, bottom turn, cut back on face ... and repeat, over and over and over and over and over .... and that's on a good day.

straddiepaul
QLD, 160 posts
19 Dec 2016 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said...
Down the face, bottom turn, cut back on face ... and repeat, over and over and over and over and over .... and that's on a good day.

nirvana, search tha globe, tt free

toppleover
QLD, 2033 posts
19 Dec 2016 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said...
Down the face, bottom turn, cut back on face ... and repeat, over and over and over and over and over ....

I think eppo gets it but your creeping me out man, as I thought you were a ttipper.

Plummet
4862 posts
19 Dec 2016 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjw said...
gcdave said...

Body dragging.

Recon the surfers should ditch the kites and go back to bobbing up and down like a cork in the ocean.

toppleover
QLD, 2033 posts
19 Dec 2016 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said...
bjw said...
gcdave said...

Body dragging.

Recon the surfers should ditch the kites and go back to bobbing up and down like a cork in the ocean.

Am I sensing fear of sharks here, always knew there was an underlying issue -Plumbs me old mate

kernal
WA, 541 posts
19 Dec 2016 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..

every damn video from ameteur to profesional looks basicly the same

IanR
NSW, 1241 posts
19 Dec 2016 11:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gcdave said..

Na mate it's devolution.
Back when the sport started we all rode directional or surfboards and they really sucked
Lou Waiman then figuared out a twin tip worked better
It's only been since bows came along that surfboards have become popular and the kite companies have start to market to the surfer
Unfortunately that means some small minded Surfer's with the attitude of your not cool unless you ride what I ride has creeped into the sport.
But really the beauty of the sport is you can ride anything.

Plummet
4862 posts
20 Dec 2016 1:58AM
Thumbs Up

I'm getting closer to being able to ride my foil in the line up!

bjw
NSW, 3584 posts
20 Dec 2016 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IanR said...
gcdave said..

Na mate it's devolution.
Back when the sport started we all rode directional or surfboards and they really sucked
It's only been since bows came along that surfboards have become popular and the kite companies have start to market to the surfer

Lou now rides surfboards.

Bows came out in 06. When they did most of the better guys didn't ride them, they stuck to the Fuels and other kite.

Surfer62
1357 posts
20 Dec 2016 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IanR said..

gcdave said..

Na mate it's devolution.
Unfortunately that means some small minded Surfer's with the attitude of your not cool unless you ride what I ride has creeped into the sport.
But really the beauty of the sport is you can ride anything.

Best reply yet, ive also got a strapped and knormal sb for kitin but cant drag myself away from the tt 95% of the time, to me its just unadulterated fun. Ive also got sbs from 6' to 9'2" and if i want to "surf" i surf.

Live once and enjoy whatever

Surfer62
1357 posts
20 Dec 2016 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
high as a kite said..

Surfer62 said..

eddiemorgs said..

Surfer62 said..

See ya soon HAAK

You would have to be happy with 66 hits Surfer, and still milking it

Im trying for 100 keep posting HAAK

Eppo has mr freeze, i have HAAK ??

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Annoying tt's in wave zone" started by Surfer62