Forums > Kitesurfing General

Abrasion on instep of front foot going toeside

Created by Dave Whettingsteel > 9 months ago, 19 Mar 2014
Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
19 Mar 2014 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

Guys, I did my first decent down winder last night after nearly 3 months light duties with a back problem.

Finished up with a decent size hole on my left (front) foot. Board is a 2011 WAM. I couldnt find any obvious rub points on the tail side of the front strap where it must be rubbing.

Any tips on how to remedy? I'm thinking some sort of neoprene wrap around the base of the strap. Appreciate any tips as windy this evening and am doing City Beach to Sorrento again.

Cheers
Dave

KIT33R
NSW, 1714 posts
19 Mar 2014 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Wetsuit booties would help. Change your footstraps or loosen them up a bit.

moon waxing
WA, 305 posts
19 Mar 2014 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Go strapless...

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
19 Mar 2014 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
moon waxing said..

Go strapless...

Mmmm, good point that will fix it! Switching the side I go toe side on will fix it too, or at least even out the wear and tear...

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
19 Mar 2014 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

what do you do in an office on light duties, office work is already light duties?

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
19 Mar 2014 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

what do you do in an office on light duties, office work is already light duties?

Light duties as in minimal kiting and flat water when. I didr. Office where I work has nothing to do with it.
Point is I'm wrapped to be out kiting again and able to do good ocean kiting and start to improve my skills a little again!

But you are right office work is totally non physical, but burns your brain out.

Rails
QLD, 1370 posts
20 Mar 2014 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

Try some concrete

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Abrasion on instep of front foot going toeside" started by Dave Whettingsteel