Forums > Kitesurfing General

2008 north vegas

Created by CalShave > 9 months ago, 11 Sep 2012
CalShave
VIC, 17 posts
11 Sep 2012 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

I have a small hole in the leading edge of my 2008 north vegas 7, so small that i can kite for about an hour or so before it gets too soft. I have taken the leading edge out, pumped it up, put it in water but cannot find the leak. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to better find the leak or if someone would fix it for me for a small like, maybe like $35

Gdog
QLD, 83 posts
11 Sep 2012 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

I had a slow leak in an old 2007 16m Rebel (no surprises there hey). It took 4 goes to find the pin hole as the air bubbles were minute. I found it by getting in the pool with it and drinking beer while slowly rotating the leading edge. Stick with it as the leak must be there somewhere.

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
11 Sep 2012 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

... some times it takes a certain amount of pressure to present its self. If you just pump the bladder up, outside the kite, you won't get enough pressure for the little hole to leak and show up.

Put the bladder in the kite, pump up to pressure, ie say 6 psi then get a spray bottle with dish washing liquid in it and spray the kite, starting with the valves, then check the ends and if you still don't find it, spray the whole thing.

You'll see bubbles, take note where the problem is then take just that part of the bladder out and locate it again, but this time you have a better idea where it is. Spray the dish washing liquid on again and run your finger over the bladder really slowly til you find it and make sure you have a pen on hand to quickly circle the hole so you don't loose it.

Patch the hole and fit bladder back into kite and your done.

Hope this helps,

Robbie

ps, I bet its a valve thats gone

CalShave
VIC, 17 posts
13 Sep 2012 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Great thanks guys! looks like i have something to do this weekend! haha

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2008 north vegas" started by CalShave