Forums > Kitesurfing General

1000 hits per minute. *warning - gopro*

Created by surfingboye > 9 months ago, 16 Oct 2016
surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
16 Oct 2016 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

This little wave just offers up hit after hit. Frothing to bust out the drone and kite it when its a bit bigger.

Sorry about the ****ty crop aspect. Didn't realise it wasn't 16:9 at the time.

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
17 Oct 2016 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

nice 7 mile action. You on the v4 on this edit? Finally had a chance to warm up my v4 10. It is better than last year. However I am still keeping the v3 12. Love that kite.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
17 Oct 2016 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Nah Marco, it's not actually 7 Mile. I'm trying to avoid it this year, not much of a fan of the angle. This spot is worth the hour drive! Yeah, got the new kites the other day, this is the 10m. Seems to drift pretty well I reckon. Did you get some water time this w/end?

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
17 Oct 2016 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

Ya, got a few sessions in, but only one with the 10. Surf was pretty small though. Next year when I sell my kite school I can head on up and check this spot out, or during the week when I have got nothing booked. Life is pretty good on the beach, but the bummer is I am stuck at my local most of the summer :(
That left looks pretty fun!

KPSS Used
NSW, 372 posts
Site Sponsor
17 Oct 2016 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

So good!

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
17 Oct 2016 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Surfboye, great vid. It looks like it was cross-on shore to my untrained eyes.

I've no wave experience, and jut wondered how much ground you'd lose on a run in like that and how long it takes you to get back up wind to where you started (or were you down windering?)>

Ta.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
17 Oct 2016 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Salty. Yeah it is pretty much a straight cross-shore direction. Once I pull off the end of the wave I would kite out about 200m (maybe 30 seconds), tack, come in on what looks like a shoulder and by the time you trail the wave you're just upwind of the section you want to hit. So it's kind of like a wave every minute, probably less. This usually equates to the period between one set of waves (no sets are going unridden). This might change if you need to share waves with others on the water or if you need a bit more distance to cover the distance going back upwind.... Hey you'll have to stop in on your trip to Syd...

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
17 Oct 2016 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Looks goooood. There is a big black shadow front of you F!!!! Shark No your kite shadow I have freaked out a couple of times like this

Supergus
NSW, 305 posts
17 Oct 2016 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work dude. Awesome place to be on the water!!

richierich
NSW, 226 posts
17 Oct 2016 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice Matty. Take me there....soon

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
18 Oct 2016 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Take me too, we can have a threesome

SaltySinus
VIC, 960 posts
18 Oct 2016 8:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said..
Hey Salty. Yeah it is pretty much a straight cross-shore direction. Once I pull off the end of the wave I would kite out about 200m (maybe 30 seconds), tack, come in on what looks like a shoulder and by the time you trail the wave you're just upwind of the section you want to hit. So it's kind of like a wave every minute, probably less. This usually equates to the period between one set of waves (no sets are going unridden). This might change if you need to share waves with others on the water or if you need a bit more distance to cover the distance going back upwind.... Hey you'll have to stop in on your trip to Syd...

Thanks SB. Wow, nice work... and yeah, I'm hoping to get plenty of time in the surf when I'm in NSW... been practicing on the directional in my local bay in anticipation... can't wait.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"1000 hits per minute. *warning - gopro*" started by surfingboye