Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

MY FIRST 2021 SESSION !!!

Created by tintingwen > 9 months ago, 25 Jan 2021
tintingwen
131 posts
25 Jan 2021 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Rainy day for my first windfoil session of 2021...also cold, but so good with medium wind

antonmik
145 posts
29 Jan 2021 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tintingwen said..
Rainy day for my first windfoil session of 2021...also cold, but so good with medium wind

hello. I'm interested in the difference between the performance wing and the flight L wing. in what wind can you take off? and who is faster
than wing performance?

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
29 Jan 2021 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid.. thanks

tintingwen
131 posts
1 Feb 2021 12:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
antonmik said..

tintingwen said..

hello. I'm interested in the difference between the performance wing and the flight L wing. in what wind can you take off? and who is faster
than wing performance?

It's not the same mast LK1 vs RACE. Race have longer fuselage (115cm against 85 for LK1) so Race is more stable and it's more easy to go faster. Max speeds with LK1 or RACE are similar, depend to the rider.

L wing is more powerful than Performance wing. It's a wing for the up and down wind. The range of use is greater with the performance wing.

With the L wing, I take off at 8 knts with a 9m sail, 9 ktns with Performance wind and the same sail.

antonmik
145 posts
1 Feb 2021 1:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tintingwen said..

antonmik said..

tintingwen said..

than wing performance?

It's not the same mast LK1 vs RACE. Race have longer fuselage (115cm against 85 for LK1) so Race is more stable and it's more easy to go faster. Max speeds with LK1 or RACE are similar, depend to the rider.

L wing is more powerful than Performance wing. It's a wing for the up and down wind. The range of use is greater with the performance wing.

With the L wing, I take off at 8 knts with a 9m sail, 9 ktns with Performance wind and the same sail.

the flight wing has an area of 870 a span of 903 mm and the performance wing has an area of 800 a span of 880 mm The long fuselage of course gives more stability. But the position of the stabilizer also affects the stability. I ride a foyle horue h10 where a convenient adjustment of the stabilizer angle is made

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"MY FIRST 2021 SESSION !!!" started by tintingwen