Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

1095 vs H1000

Created by sparkerdawg > 9 months ago, 24 Nov 2022
sparkerdawg
5 posts
24 Nov 2022 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thankful for all you fine foilers

Anyone gone from 1095 to H1000H1200 or vice versa?

Please send us your findings!!

Cheers

foilstate
129 posts
25 Nov 2022 1:58AM
Thumbs Up

Using both extensively. 1095 glides forever, goes fast, turns fast, but in the wave at max speed it feels a bit out of control. The not so stiff mast and fuse connection might play a role in that.
H1000 has less glide and is slower, but is buttery smooth in turns, ultra reliable at all speeds and breaching situation. H800 feels similar, prob same speed as 1095, a bit too sporty proning but winging is amazing.

north_kiter
NSW, 233 posts
25 Nov 2022 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

Apparently Cabrinha releasing new mast and improved foils in Jan 23

frenchfoiler
498 posts
25 Nov 2022 4:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
foilstate said..
Using both extensively. 1095 glides forever, goes fast, turns fast, but in the wave at max speed it feels a bit out of control. The not so stiff mast and fuse connection might play a role in that.
H1000 has less glide and is slower, but is buttery smooth in turns, ultra reliable at all speeds and breaching situation. H800 feels similar, prob same speed as 1095, a bit too sporty proning but winging is amazing.

I totally agree, I would say both brands have flexy mast, Nolimitz makes those foil work way better.

So if you are looking for surfing the wave more than gliding, Cab 1000 is the one but if you really like to glide 1095 is the one. Both are good foil.

gorgesailor
598 posts
25 Nov 2022 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frenchfoiler said..

foilstate said..

I totally agree, I would say both brands have flexy mast, Nolimitz makes those foil work way better.

So if you are looking for surfing the wave more than gliding, Cab 1000 is the one but if you really like to glide 1095 is the one. Both are good foil.

I have been pounding the Takuma Kool-Aid so... Wondering if either of you tried the NEW Takuma Carbon mast w/HD Alloy fuse? I have - it feels allot stiffer than the NL but is also allot heavier. I am Winging so not sure how that will translate to Prone &/or SUP.... It's spendy too but ...

frenchfoiler
498 posts
25 Nov 2022 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gorgesailor said..

frenchfoiler said..

foilstate said..

I have been pounding the Takuma Kool-Aid so... Wondering if either of you tried the NEW Takuma Carbon mast w/HD Alloy fuse? I have - it feels allot stiffer than the NL but is also allot heavier. I am Winging so not sure how that will translate to Prone &/or SUP.... It's spendy too but ...

I haven't tried the new takuma mast so I can't compare. But the feedback of this mast have been so so.

I guess it is really hard, even impossilbe ?? to have ultra light, ultra stiff, ultra fast, ultra responsive.

zippadeedood
14 posts
25 Nov 2022 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

I've used the new 2023 Takuma carbon mast and new fuse in a 75cm version.
It's good but unfortunately not the revelation i was hoping for.
Pro's - Better fuse to wing connection, better mast to fuse connection, stiff, lovely construction.
Cons- Connections remain subpar - to eliminate all movement you still have to shim. Heavy.
Overall I still rate my Cedrus as better for wing-foiling but not for pumping.

More on topic, in terms of Cabrinha vs Kujira i would say they're both great.
I have the 1095, 1210 and 1440 and have tried the Cab 800.
First impressions of Cab were - wow! Smooth, quiet, and easy.
After a bit i thought - not as fun as my 1095.
Same thing has happened with most foils i've tried including Axis, Armstrong , Gofoil and Lift.
I just keep wanting the feeling i get from my Kujira and i think this sport is all about feeling!

foilstate
129 posts
25 Nov 2022 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frenchfoiler said..

foilstate said..

Agreed!

burchas
335 posts
25 Nov 2022 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Same thing has happened with most foils i've tried including Axis, Armstrong , Gofoil and Lift.
I just keep wanting the feeling i get from my Kujira and i think this sport is all about feeling!

I agree. Tested back to back the 1095 and the F-one Eagle 990. Marginal conditions, small bumps.
The eagle has earlier take-off, feels faster and has more glide, doesn't turn as smooth but could be fine tuned with a better tail/fuse setup.

That said, the one thing that stuck with me from that session was the special feel of the Kujira.
Have a similar feel from my Seven Seas 1200 which is why it's my go to foil even-though it's not always the best choice for the conditions.

Hwy1North
129 posts
28 Nov 2022 1:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
zippadeedood said..
Pro's - Better fuse to wing connection, better mast to fuse connection, stiff, lovely construction.
Cons- Connections remain subpar - to eliminate all movement you still have to shim. Heavy.

I have no complaints with Takuma performance wise. Quality has been an issue, but warranty good. My beef now is the price of the new carbon mast and that it has an aluminum fuse. I have been happy with the T mast, but was holding my breath for an 85cm carbon mast. So it's either the old fuse and a No limitz mast for about US $1500, or $1700 for the Takuma. That's a Go Foil T mast and front wing!

Was hoping the reviews of the NL and new Takuma would be glowing so I'd pucker up and throw down my cash, but now I'm really considering a less expensive system moving forward as their wings are crazy $ too.

martyman
WA, 314 posts
28 Nov 2022 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hwy1North said..

zippadeedood said..

I have no complaints with Takuma performance wise. Quality has been an issue, but warranty good. My beef now is the price of the new carbon mast and that it has an aluminum fuse. I have been happy with the T mast, but was holding my breath for an 85cm carbon mast. So it's either the old fuse and a No limitz mast for about US $1500, or $1700 for the Takuma. That's a Go Foil T mast and front wing!

Was hoping the reviews of the NL and new Takuma would be glowing so I'd pucker up and throw down my cash, but now I'm really considering a less expensive system moving forward as their wings are crazy $ too.

I agree that Takuma has quality issues. Ive bent a couple of fuselages, and wasnt able to warantee as i got cost pricing from the shop i got it from.

gorgesailor
598 posts
29 Nov 2022 2:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
martyman said..

Hwy1North said..

zippadeedood said..

I agree that Takuma has quality issues. Ive bent a couple of fuselages, and wasnt able to warantee as i got cost pricing from the shop i got it from.

What you paid should have nothing to do with warranty ... unless it was used or something.

Velocicraptor
549 posts
29 Nov 2022 3:46AM
Thumbs Up

Takuma warranty process was fairly easy for me, but Ive moved onto aftermarket mast (Cedrus) and fuse (direct mount m8 Stringy), which are far better. Still have to shim the wing to fuse connection, but I've dialed it in pretty well after a lot of trial and error.

Haven't tried the h1000 (great deals to be had on it right now), but FINALLY figured out tuning on my h800 and am really liking it. Im using it with a foilparts fuse and figured out that I needed 2 degrees of tail shim to make it work and now its all good. The low end on the h800 isn't that much worse than the 1095 and it has far better top end. Feels very slippery, turns very clean and very good pop for airs. So far the pump vs the 1095 suffers quite a bit, but maybe I need to adjust my technique. The top end speed vs the 1095 is the most noticeable aspect overall. I did have it drop out from under me a couple times at high speed. Maybe I'm getting some ventillation on the Cedrus adapter or something wasn't totally snug during that session?

At this point my biggest complaints are the m6 mast to fuse connection (I wont commit to another system without m8) and the lack of a Cabrinha under mounted tail option (foilparts fixes this though).

gorgesailor
598 posts
1 Dec 2022 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Velocicraptor said..
Takuma warranty process was fairly easy for me, but Ive moved onto aftermarket mast (Cedrus) and fuse (direct mount m8 Stringy), which are far better. Still have to shim the wing to fuse connection, but I've dialed it in pretty well after a lot of trial and error.

Haven't tried the h1000 (great deals to be had on it right now), but FINALLY figured out tuning on my h800 and am really liking it. Im using it with a foilparts fuse and figured out that I needed 2 degrees of tail shim to make it work and now its all good. The low end on the h800 isn't that much worse than the 1095 and it has far better top end. Feels very slippery, turns very clean and very good pop for airs. So far the pump vs the 1095 suffers quite a bit, but maybe I need to adjust my technique. The top end speed vs the 1095 is the most noticeable aspect overall. I did have it drop out from under me a couple times at high speed. Maybe I'm getting some ventillation on the Cedrus adapter or something wasn't totally snug during that session?

At this point my biggest complaints are the m6 mast to fuse connection (I wont commit to another system without m8) and the lack of a Cabrinha under mounted tail option (foilparts fixes this though).

The new Takuma uses M8 FYI... Stringy's stuff is great. Good guy too. Gotta have him make a custom Long fuse for Takuma Windfoil...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"1095 vs H1000" started by sparkerdawg