Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

new anemometer for Mandurah?

Created by Windxtasy > 9 months ago, 25 Jan 2016
Windxtasy
WA, 4013 posts
25 Jan 2016 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

I recently wrote to Seabreeze to ask them if they could put in another anemometer for Mandurah as the current one under-reads in the prevailing wind directions.
This is their reply:
The Mandurah instruments are operated by the BOM, whom generously share their data with us to make up the live readings. I think uprooting their anemometers might get us in a little strife, so i'll have to put the hacksaw back in the shed, and instead add your request for another privately owned station on the estuary to our wish-list of future locations.

If you know of anybody living in a house or business in that area, who has a steady internet connection and would be open to a small weather station on their roof, then let us know.
[i]The data usage is minimal, just tiny little text files with the data uploaded every 10 minutes, or 30 mins (some of our stations are 30 min intervals only).

[/i]So, it seems Seabreeze are open to putting in another anemometer, we just need to find a good location.

If you know anyone in the Mandurah area whose roof gets a fairy clear southerly/ SW wind and might be interested in having a small weather station on their roof PM me and I will pass the details onto the Seabreeze people.

Thanks,
Anita

RPM
WA, 1549 posts
27 Jan 2016 7:06AM
Thumbs Up

I say put it on waveslaves roof.. More kiting at Falcon is only good for the sport..

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
27 Jan 2016 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RPM said..
I say put it on waveslaves roof.

lol.

I wouldn't be against having a meter on my roof ...

then I could mess with it and share the 'data' with all my new friends.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"new anemometer for Mandurah?" started by Windxtasy