Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Roadtrip Perth to Exmouth/ travel mate? / advice

Created by KiteLuke15 > 9 months ago, 1 Oct 2014
KiteLuke15
WA, 3 posts
1 Oct 2014 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

my name is Lukas (24) and I’m from Germany. By the end of January I wanna do a Roadtrip from Perth up to Exmouth to go kitesurfing at the best kitspots on the way. Maybe here are some fellows who wanna join me. I’d like to have some company, because it is much more fun kiting in a group and easier to push your kiteskills to the next level. I do have a car where is room for one more person to sleep in. Please let me know if you have time and you are looking for someone as I do.

Besides maybe you can give me some advice where the best kitespots are between Perth and Exmouth? I prefer flat water spots but also wanna start kiting in waves. Are there any things I have to keep an eye on? What can you tell me about the wind? Does it gets less the more northern I go? In Advance thank you very much for your advice! And maybe here is someone with similar plans :)

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
2 Oct 2014 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yo Luke, perfect time to explore the wa coast, virtually ever town on the road north is kiteable, if you've a 4wd then the possibilities are endless, most spots are shore conditions with the odd place having true flat water, the winds are stronger north of Perth , As a general quiver goes most have 7 , 10mtr quivers or a mtr below or above depending on weight,call into Dongara on your travels and join us for an after kite pilsner

danno
WA, 127 posts
3 Oct 2014 7:31AM
Thumbs Up

Hi bud,
Tonnes of wave spots at almost every beach on the way north, but in my opinion the best flat water spots on the way from Perth to Exmouth, in order from South to North are. . . .
Lancelin (the lagoon near Eddie Island) - drive down to the beach, you can't miss it.
Shark Bay - Denham side of the Peron Peninsula has some great flat water, and even a chance of massive flat water down-winders
Shark Bay - little lagoon - follow the signs, easy to find - super flat and consistently good wind. Just watch the stone-fish
Shark Bay - big lagoon - need a 4x4 but epic flat water kiting
Gnarloo Bay - head down blowholes road (20 minutes north of Carnarvon) - turn right at the KING WAVES KILL sign near the blow-holes, drive for 2 hours through Quobba and Gnarloo station till you reach an amazing coral filled lagoon of white sand beach and kiting epicness beyond description
Exmouth - take your pick - plenty of good spots (watch the coral on the low tide)
ENJOY

danno
WA, 127 posts
3 Oct 2014 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

check this link for more info on other spots
www.waksa.org.au/locations/

KiteLuke15
WA, 3 posts
3 Oct 2014 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you very much for all the information, can't wait to get there :)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Roadtrip Perth to Exmouth/ travel mate? / advice" started by KiteLuke15