Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Preston Beach

Created by StinkyPete > 9 months ago, 7 Feb 2016
StinkyPete
WA, 241 posts
7 Feb 2016 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Parents have had a place at Preston for over 20yrs. Was down there yday afternoon felt nice 18knts. Conditions choppy bump and jump like anywhere else on the coast so nothing unique. Has anyone ever kited Preston or futher south towards Myalup on a fishing trip?? Wind is usually pretty ordinary down there but yday was definatelly worth pumping up.

blueboy
WA, 49 posts
7 Feb 2016 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

Used to have a place in Myalup.
Down winders to Preston a few times on large kites.
Not too many issue's and can have nice chop along the way.

mazdon
1196 posts
8 Feb 2016 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

i've kited binningup a bit stinkyP.

it's great with a bit of swell, some fun waves on both sides of town.
theres reef everywhere so you kind of need to know what you are doing, but otherwise has some flatter water between kickers too if that is your thing. only ever seen a couple of other kiters and windsurfers over the last couple of years - so apologies if it is anyones best kept secret.
i thought about DW from there to preston, but there is so much flat chop i have never got round to it, and i am usually solo. preston to dawesville probably would be more fun once you get up to some of the spots to the north.
i tend to find the wind there is like mandurah wind, 5kn or so under what it "should" be in terms of seabreeze. also it often looks windier than it is, and will get a glass off later, so watch out for that.
interesting that it had~18kn yesterday - always pays to have the gear in the car hey!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Preston Beach" started by StinkyPete