Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Poor decision making

Created by gregt > 9 months ago, 22 Jan 2016
gregt
WA, 14 posts
22 Jan 2016 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

6 pm at Floreat - wind blowing 14 to 16 knots
Fully rigged kite is on the grass area and kiter has run the lines across the foot / dog / cycle path on to the beach and doing something with bar.
Inviting people to step over the lines.
When it was suggested he move the lines became quite agitated and said he was packing up and declined to move them.

the area is already under pressure - we don't need an accident that can be avoided by exercising a little commonsense

Rads
WA, 110 posts
23 Jan 2016 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

Name and shame greg..........

Kite type, colour etc. what he looks like. Aussie or touro...........?

Then he'll be known and the local boys will sort the rest

Sauce
WA, 203 posts
23 Jan 2016 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Town of Cambridge have a beach user working group happening right now. This crap doesn't help our cause much.

I agree with rads.. Photo name and shame

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
23 Jan 2016 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Wow, never ceases to amaze me how anal Aus/NZ is and how poorly y'all share public spaces.

AussieDave
WA, 68 posts
24 Jan 2016 2:38AM
Thumbs Up

I wonder if this was the same guy that was zig sagging between the swimmers like a slalom run just north of the groin ???

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
24 Jan 2016 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Just tell him to move his gear.

I kited up close to another kiter the other day and yelled at him to stay out the flags at Floz. Wtf is wrong with people? Are they just stupid or simply too self involved to notice their surroundings.

Maybe with some bans in place we'll have less kiters - only those who can stay upwind at a wave spot will continue with the sport!

CAUTION
WA, 1097 posts
27 Jan 2016 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

saw a guy land his kite on the grasss from the beach last week. had words to him. hopefully he wont do it again.
this is also not on, never know if a bike rider is going to wizz thru or a walker or if a gust or wind shift will throw the kite anywhere. just dangerous.
rig up on the beach downwind of swimmers.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
27 Jan 2016 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

^ good on you for having words. Often the offenders are open to listening and don't know the rules/etiquette.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Poor decision making" started by gregt