Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

October kite safari Northern W.A

Created by jimifly > 9 months ago, 18 Aug 2015
jimifly
QLD, 3 posts
18 Aug 2015 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,
Taking 2 to 3 weeks to go from Broome to Perth over October/November. Any must see spots, or hints to find any amazing secrete spots???

Many Thanks
Jimi

shi thouse
WA, 1129 posts
18 Aug 2015 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Just keep following the coast Jimi and if looks nice go for it.

Mind you, if you want an inland detour - Karajini for an explore of the gorges - amazing.

timmybuddhadude
WA, 738 posts
18 Aug 2015 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Yep..all of it...as said above :-) dont know about broome though..like.people said before on this (just read other wa advice) ..dont waste yr time in city crowds do exm down to esperance.there is a post on this recently&if u want to learn from stunty type professionals go and sit around safety bay pond...but if u like waves and nature and all the wildlife u r going to see and mating turtles you are going to jump over thEn..at that time of yr...a km out...or two metre hammerheads etc .u will love it..just avoid the ridoculous city downwinder crowds and see what its really all about this side....

ExSurfCentre
WA, 481 posts
23 Aug 2015 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Be sure to give me a shout when you get to Exmouth and Ill happily show you around.

ChiroTrev
WA, 62 posts
29 Aug 2015 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Exmouth trip planned 11-18th Oct, I know of the yardie creek wave, graveyards and that flat water bay (that doesn't blow as hard as the other two, can you recommend any other good spots or areas to teach the mrs to learn (I'm planning on winderabandi point for that, despite seeing a few big fins there last year) :-)

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
29 Aug 2015 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChiroTrev said...
Exmouth trip planned 11-18th Oct, I know of the yardie creek wave, graveyards and that flat water bay (that doesn't blow as hard as the other two, can you recommend any other good spots or areas to teach the mrs to learn (I'm planning on winderabandi point for that, despite seeing a few big fins there last year) :-)

Rule no1 in kiting don't teach your wife or partner, let tom at exmouth kite teach her, leaving you to go kiting, plenty of great spots, some of which the locals would prefer you kept to yourself, toms held in very high regard for his skills in teaching , say hi on your way through trev

Hybrid_Z
VIC, 381 posts
29 Aug 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChiroTrev said..

Winderbandi is no place for lessons, talk to Tom.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"October kite safari Northern W.A" started by jimifly