Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Lanno to Wedge Down Winders

Created by danno > 9 months ago, 4 Dec 2013
danno
WA, 127 posts
4 Dec 2013 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hey, does anyone know if you can drive from Lanno to Wedge along the beach at the moment? Storm erosion last winter was pretty severe, so if anyone's done it recently I'd be keen to hear what the condition of the beach track is like.
I'm keen for a Lanno to Wedge downwinder this Saturday, have new duel-cab hilux, missus going to NZ for a few weeks - stoked (from a kiting perspective anyway)!
Saturday looks sick for it! YEW!
(How sick was the wind yesterday )

Underoath
QLD, 2429 posts
4 Dec 2013 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

The POW crew do it all the time.

(drop cars off at Wedge first)

I know the lads are keen this weekend.

Send me a private message with your facebook details and ill add you to our group where you can tag along.

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
4 Dec 2013 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

A mate drove it about two weeks ago. He made it through but a few spots were pretty sketchy. Underoath and his mates have done it a few times and know what to expect, so tagging along with them is a good idea. The L2W downwinder is something I should have done with his crew before I moved from Lano. But I'm not too upset over missing out, living in Gero now

austin
671 posts
5 Dec 2013 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Chris6791 said..

A mate drove it about two weeks ago. He made it through but a few spots were pretty sketchy. Underoath and his mates have done it a few times and know what to expect, so tagging along with them is a good idea. The L2W downwinder is something I should have done with his crew before I moved from Lano. But I'm not too upset over missing out, living in Gero now

Dongara to Point Moore
Point Moore to Corro

Gets lonely at times

dangerdown
WA, 10 posts
5 Dec 2013 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Red flags were up at the bombing range on fri last week. Also the beach at wedge was totally submerged on sat and there was basically no beach access save for a few areas- wind was 100% OS and strong so may not be representative.

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
5 Dec 2013 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
austin said..

Chris6791 said..

Dongara to Point Moore
Point Moore to Corro

Gets lonely at times

I think we could probably rummage up a couple of willing participants on the next PM to Corros run, but geez Dongara to PM is a bloody long way!

austin
671 posts
6 Dec 2013 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

its not too bad only 2.5hrs

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Lanno to Wedge Down Winders" started by danno