Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Kitetrip febraury till march

Created by JustFil > 9 months ago, 1 Dec 2015
JustFil
WA, 4 posts
1 Dec 2015 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

after spending almost a year in Perth studying and working one thing was clear for me: U gotta come back again for kite holidays. So 2016 I would like to spend roughly 3 weeks (middle of february till the first week of march) travelling the entire WA coast hitting all these paradise spots from safety bay till sandy bay once again. Since I can't go earlier I'm worried about the wind for that particular period of time. Would U guys still recommend to give it a go or is it not worth at all coz the season is almost over? I have to fly all the way down here from Europe, which is roughly an 18h flight and it would be pretty sad having only 3 or 4 kiteable days.

Thanks in advance

Fil

PS: I know I should know the wind conditions since i lived here, but I didn't pay attention, for me it was always windy in the summer ;)

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
1 Dec 2015 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Don't want to put a downer on it but you can get the odd week during this period where it turns off, especially March
Saying that there's a few spots where your covered for an easterly wind
However these are further north and it'll be hot
You'll score wind that's certain, but it won't be every day, hope I'm wrong

JustFil
WA, 4 posts
21 Dec 2015 12:08AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info mate! So I guess I'll postpone the trip to the next year and go in december (Y)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Kitetrip febraury till march" started by JustFil