Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Islands/places for kitesurfing around Perth?

Created by SheFlies > 9 months ago, 8 Jul 2012
SheFlies
QLD, 8 posts
8 Jul 2012 11:43PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,

was wondering what are other places except Cocos island good for kitesurfing in winter? Also maybe someone has been to New Caledonia?

roey
WA, 6 posts
11 Jul 2012 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dont know about islands, but was in dunsborough today, looks like itll be great down there, got a hostel right on the beach, and if the wind direction is wrong u can go yallingup which is only 8 kms away, so if theres wind , doesnt matter on direction, u can ride., might have to have a long weekend there soon, wind seems stronger there too.

Hey,

was wondering what are other places except Cocos island good for kitesurfing in winter? Also maybe someone has been to New Caledonia?

Danmurphys
WA, 231 posts
13 Jul 2012 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

I'd say try bali for somewhere really cheap. Around Sanur is alright this time of year. Need to bring your big kite though.

joeD
WA, 7 posts
3 Aug 2012 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

I came back from Exmouth about 3 weeks ago, it took a 17, 10 and thought ah well may as well take a 7. I used the 7 for most of the trip! long drive but epic wind for this time of year and surprisingly a bit of surf to..

tried an easterly on the twiny at the point of coral bay when the winds was ok and had an alright ses, but have to be carefull as the wind can drop real quick..

danno
WA, 127 posts
14 Aug 2012 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

There's an amazing island called Browse Island in the far north, fringing reefs, great surf but not much else out there. You'll need your own boat and plenty of supplies. Beware of stinky indo fishermen! Good luck!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Islands/places for kitesurfing around Perth?" started by SheFlies