Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

2020 Duotone Dice

Created by flyer100 > 9 months ago, 21 Sep 2019
flyer100
21 posts
21 Sep 2019 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up a 9M 2020 duotone dice from Action Sports today for a quick demo in what were fairly marginal
conditions(17-20kt),thinking i may struggle at 92kg and a 133 monk TT
I have to say i was surprised to get going and even had a decent session on it for a couple of hours.
Coming off core xr's and the last 5yrs on rebels,having power on tap is always the go to for me.
Tried the early dices when they first came out and always came back to the Rebs.
Even though the kite didn't have the raw power of the Rebel,the connect with the kite i felt was seamless.
I liked the fact the old five line Rebels had no pulleys,with the predictability and feedback to the bar being instant.
The 2020 Dice has the same feedback,albeit with better manners.
Would have loved 25kt ,but building up a bit of apparent wind and getting a couple of loops in, the power comes on gradual and super smooth.You new where the kite was at all times without even looking at it.For me, it definately had that old rebel feel.
Not so strong getting up wind from what im used to ,i'll put that down to the conditions,but and extra 50-100 metres on the tack and i was back to where i started.
Never really got the opportunity to boost ,but just the feel of the kite leads me to thinking it might just go alright in the boosting department when it gets up over 25kt.

If anybody else has demoed the 2020 Dice your feedback would be appreciated.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"2020 Duotone Dice" started by flyer100