Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

Jet Boat runs down windsurfer

Created by TRIMMER > 9 months ago, 11 Apr 2015
TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
11 Apr 2015 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Sailing With Gold coast crew yesterday and a jet boat (jet boat extreme goldcoast,yellow boat red writing) lined up George from about 70 meters aways ,tried to turn at last minute and missed judge the stupid act and near ran the man over. George has bruises and damage his kit. The driver stopped to check on George and collect details and the incident is being reported. Accidents happen but I personally have seen this same operator speed closer then the required 60mtrs spraying windsurfers and kiters and coming back for a laugh. usually while dredging. If you or anyone has seen or experienced this behaviour let us know. Its just dangerous and something might be able to be done about it. All the other commercial jet boats don't seem to be a problem.

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
11 Apr 2015 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Had similar things happen to me in QLD with Jet skiers going 80+km/h 10m away from me.. gets very scary sometimes and you always have to check every time you change direction or speed.
As for someone deliberately going for you, that just sucks. I would go off my chops

LostinSpace
QLD, 388 posts
12 Apr 2015 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

Yes, as we understand the Broadwater is less than ideal for the Jet Boaters business model as it is too busier of a waterway with a multitude of all types of water users and water vessels or craft as opposed to the relatively under used fiord type river systems in New Zealand where this thrill seeker business model was born. If they the Jet Boat Tour Operators were allowed to go on with this type of behaviour on our roadways comparatively speaking, they would be considered as HOONS! and have there vehicles impounded by the Authorities or destroyed on repeat offending and in additions to this penalties and/or cancellation of their licences. Maybe the Authorities need to wake up and start taking some action about these guys before one of us are killed or badly maimed by them

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
12 Apr 2015 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

I have a camera mounted on the helmut now .Sux using the helmut .
But should keep them honest .Like a dash cam ?

Fly on da wall
SA, 725 posts
12 Apr 2015 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

It's either a territorial thing or another red neck qld'er with **** for brains!

No consideration is the problem up here from my experience. And too many ego's
and girly tats

GeoGeo
QLD, 146 posts
12 Apr 2015 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

you might be thinking hurray one poley down but seriously this is the accident that might happen to anybody. It doesn't matter if we kite or windsurf or are sometimes winging about another group, at the end of the day we all have the same interest in nice clean water, plenty of wind and sun.

It took me a little bit longer to write about this accident but I have to make sure that what I write here is absolutely correct. I'm sure that the boat driver is reading it and also anything I put here might be used during the police investigation and perhaps the court hearing as well.

---------- Admin: sorry - content removed as per www.seabreeze.com.au/Members/Help/ForumRules.aspx#h40 --------

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
13 Apr 2015 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Take your info to '' A current affair ''
Those jet boats are all over the place !
Good luck with your due compensation ;-]

KiteBob
2 posts
14 Apr 2015 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

This is a bit nuts to here about! I'm glad that he wasn't badly hurt, sounds like it could have been much worse.
I have got to say you guys have to be careful:

upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

Defamation is a pretty serious matter if he takes this to court

KiwiDave
VIC, 192 posts
14 Apr 2015 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KiteBob said..
This is a bit nuts to here about! I'm glad that he wasn't badly hurt, sounds like it could have been much worse.
I have got to say you guys have to be careful:

upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

Defamation is a pretty serious matter if he takes this to court

You join Seabreeze today just to post on this thread? So I'll ask the obvious question. Was it you?

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
14 Apr 2015 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

How is this not a criminal case?

GeoGeo
QLD, 146 posts
14 Apr 2015 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kamikuza said..
How is this not a criminal case?

Actually it is a criminal case.

Quote:
To prove this crime, the prosecution must prove the following 5 elements beyond reasonable doubt:

One - the accused committed the conduct alleged in the presentment.
Two - the accused committed that conduct voluntarily.
Three - that conduct endangered another person’s life.
Four - the accused acted recklessly.
Five - the accused acted without lawful authority or excuse.

As this type of the behavior is around the Gold Coast for number of years and there are numerous witnesses as well as victims, the prosecution should not be that much challenging.

KiteBob
2 posts
14 Apr 2015 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Yep it was me! I've only created a new account because i can't log into my old one off my phone anymore. Steve_Trinker was my old one.
I'm just looking out for everyone here, not trying to stir ****

tilldark
QLD, 275 posts
16 Apr 2015 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

pretty sure running someone over with a boat in front of their mates is self defamation, warning the wider community of the potential risk to safety is a public service

KiwiDave
VIC, 192 posts
16 Apr 2015 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

If commercial operators are getting too close to kiters then people need to complain before this sort of thing happens. The process as I see it:

1. We complain
2. The authority talks to the offender
3. They deny it
4. The authorities say there is not enough evidence
5. The offender stops doing it

Good outcome.

TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
16 Apr 2015 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Evidence .follow the forum on windsurf qld.

GeoGeo
QLD, 146 posts
16 Apr 2015 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KiwiDave said..
If commercial operators are getting too close to kiters then people need to complain before this sort of thing happens. The process as I see it:

1. We complain
2. The authority talks to the offender
3. They deny it
4. The authorities say there is not enough evidence
5. The offender stops doing it

Good outcome.

The problem is there are so many "serious" incidents on the Gold Cost that the authorities have no time or capacity to process complains like that. If some boat comes too close and splashes water at me what can I do about it? I'll spend a day getting some eyewitnesses if any, lodging the forms etc and then will chase the outcome for another 6 months just to hear that the operator was fined $100 or that there is not enough evidence.
It's like going to the police station to lodge the report that someone came too close and scratch my doors, and providing the offenders rego details.
But if I stand between both cars and get crunched, it'll be a different story.
Just my thoughts.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"Jet Boat runs down windsurfer" started by TRIMMER