Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

BEWARE - Car Thieves

Created by jules333 > 9 months ago, 10 Dec 2015
jules333
QLD, 14 posts
10 Dec 2015 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

Just a friendly warning to be very conscious and aware of you're cars and it's contents during your surf & kite sessions on our Gold Coast beaches this summer.
There is a definite spate of brazen car thefts on most beaches lately, predominantly @ Currumbin, Nobby's & the Neck!
These drug fu*%ed parasites are targeting surfers & kiters as a lot of us are leaving our keys within towels, bags etc on the beach, even those key padlocks on you're cars are not a fullproof solution anymore!!
They are watching you!!! They wait until you hit the water then pounce....
After my car was stolen @ Currumbin yesterday, the clubbies were very helpful and made me aware that there is at least one car stolen from the car park there DAILY!!!!
Same goes for our other fav spots such as Nobby's down to the Neck etc....
PLEASE be aware moving forward and learn from my example... Be very dillagent!! Get yourselves a Non-Electronic surf key cut for you're cars and tie it to you're boardies or in you're leggie... Please don't take a gamble!
I would hate to hear of anyone else loosing their possesions to these maggots!!!
Looking forward to talking about some sick sessions this summer, not talking about these cu#@s stealing our hard earned kit.. :)

harlie
QLD, 188 posts
10 Dec 2015 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jules333 said..
Get yourselves a Non-Electronic surf key cut for you're cars and tie it to you're boardies or in you're leggie...

Exactly what I have for our both cars. However, I noticed the new model of my car has no keyhole in the drivers' door

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
11 Dec 2015 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Did you get the car back? What did your insurance say?

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
12 Dec 2015 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
harlie said..

jules333 said..
Get yourselves a Non-Electronic surf key cut for you're cars and tie it to you're boardies or in you're leggie...

Exactly what I have for our both cars. However, I noticed the new model of my car has no keyhole in the drivers' door

what happens when your keys battery goes flat?

jules333
QLD, 14 posts
12 Dec 2015 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing as yet... Will have a meeting with my insurance co in 2 weeks...

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
13 Dec 2015 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

Bad luck bud , yeah will get a key cut .

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
14 Dec 2015 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

Good post Jules hope you score your car back. The vermon are on the prowl up tos way as well watching waiting . Be good to set up a stage and catch the f...kers.

Main
QLD, 2325 posts
26 Dec 2015 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jules333 said..
Just a friendly warning to be very conscious and aware of you're cars and it's contents during your surf & kite sessions on our Gold Coast beaches this summer.
There is a definite spate of brazen car thefts on most beaches lately, predominantly @ Currumbin, Nobby's & the Neck!
These drug fu*%ed parasites are targeting surfers & kiters as a lot of us are leaving our keys within towels, bags etc on the beach, even those key padlocks on you're cars are not a fullproof solution anymore!!
They are watching you!!! They wait until you hit the water then pounce....
After my car was stolen @ Currumbin yesterday, the clubbies were very helpful and made me aware that there is at least one car stolen from the car park there DAILY!!!!
Same goes for our other fav spots such as Nobby's down to the Neck etc....
PLEASE be aware moving forward and learn from my example... Be very dillagent!! Get yourselves a Non-Electronic surf key cut for you're cars and tie it to you're boardies or in you're leggie... Please don't take a gamble!
I would hate to hear of anyone else loosing their possesions to these maggots!!!
Looking forward to talking about some sick sessions this summer, not talking about these cu#@s stealing our hard earned kit.. :)

Imagine how much sand is in the boot by now !!!

cyberanswer
QLD, 23 posts
14 Feb 2016 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

You can touch the key fob to the button to ignite

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
15 Feb 2016 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Mate I feel sorry for your loss and hassles.
But sad to say that it's all part of the system.
The system is rigged for this to happen.
Had this been in Saudi Arabia or some other Eastern block, believe me robberies of this kind don't happen - they cut your hands off there!
If robberies or cars never happened anymore, prices of cars would plummet. If cars did not crash or get damaged, there would be thousands out of work from the car repair industry.
And so on and so on.
Your life is worth more than all the cars in the world, and if they take my **** bomb... meh... I'll get my money back from the Insurance company and your premiums go up...
and so on and so on.
That's the capitalist system we're in.

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
19 Feb 2016 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Get your tinfoil hats on sheeple!

jules333
QLD, 14 posts
25 May 2016 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..

They caught the Fu@&er!!
Found the car stripped and dumped in Coomera - traced prints and nabbed this re-offending bell-end @ his place, finding stolen **** in his garage including some of the gear from my car!!
Filled in a statement @ the cop shop and much appreciative for the blue boys for doing a great job!
Anyone who has this "f@ck the police" attitude really needs an attitude adjustment - These are the men / women who protect out very fabric. (of course there are the minority that are corrupt dicks)
Well done boys and thankyou!

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
25 May 2016 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jules333 said..

kemp90 said..

They caught the Fu@&er!!
Found the car stripped and dumped in Coomera - traced prints and nabbed this re-offending bell-end @ his place, finding stolen **** in his garage including some of the gear from my car!!
Filled in a statement @ the cop shop and much appreciative for the blue boys for doing a great job!
Anyone who has this "f@ck the police" attitude really needs an attitude adjustment - These are the men / women who protect out very fabric. (of course there are the minority that are corrupt dicks)
Well done boys and thankyou!

good to hear man

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"BEWARE - Car Thieves" started by jules333