Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

SA Freestyle Kiteboarding Titles Whyalla Dec 6th

Created by easto > 9 months ago, 17 Sep 2014
easto
116 posts
17 Sep 2014 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

It's official ! SA Freestyle Titles Dec 6th 2014 in Whyalla with a back up day on the 7th. Brought to you by SAKSA & Xtreme Kites & Paddle.
Looking forward to see some nice flat water riding with hopefully strong sea breezes and all the crew from around the state.
This is going to be a super fun event with also some Sup Racing in the morning (semi pro's and amatuers) and a fun St Sup Race to join the festivities with an all mighty presos and party on the saturday night .
SAVE the date with more info coming soon !

easto
116 posts
15 Oct 2014 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Ok Crew ...as Jordo from SAKSA would say "It's on like donkey kong with ping pong".

State Freestyle Titles def a go ahead on Dec 6th 2014 in Whyalla. We have the Whyalla Council helping with sponsorship and Whyalla foreshore will be ready to rumble.
All the usual catorgories along with the sup races in the morning. SAKSA will be running the BBQ for all competitors along with catering from the Beach Cafe and food vans. We always pull a huge crowd of at least 1500 spectators in Whyalla for our comps so we will also have a jumping castle for the nippers and Bubble Soccer for any keen players. I'm planning on knocking Martin Bone right out of his bubble so he doesn't smash us oldies in the Masters ! It would also be great to see Croc in a bubble still in his wedding dress...

It's time to book some accommodation - Whyalla Discovery Holiday Park smack bang on the foreshore are also helping out with sponsorship and are offering 10% discount when booking for all competitors and family , let's support these guys. An added bonus is the Preso's and afterparty will be no more than 50m away at the Westlands Soccer Club who will cater with Charcoal Chicken & salads. The bar will be cranking on friday / sat night with Shooters only $5 all night and they will open til 1am for us with a pool and table tennis table so we can all gang up on Howdou the ping pong magician ! If you can't get into the park Whyalla Foreshore Motel are also offering a great discount.

Remember you have to be a SAKSA member to enter this comp so head to the SAKSA site and sign up asap .
This is an event not to be missed.

More info to come or call Easto
Xtreme Kites & Paddle
0402842944 or
Jordan @ SAKSA

EB
SA, 492 posts
16 Oct 2014 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

How old do I have to be Easto so as not be up against you in the masters.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
16 Oct 2014 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EB said...
How old do I have to be Easto so as not be up against you in the masters.

Keep younger than 35 EB if you don't want to play with us old guys.

Can't wait should be a great event.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
16 Oct 2014 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

It will be worth the trip just for the charcoal chicken that's one thing Whyalla does best. It's the only town i know of that sells charcoal at every grocery store, and every true local has a modified laundry sink in there back yard to cook Whyallas very unique charcoal chicken on.

EB
SA, 492 posts
16 Oct 2014 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

I remember being 35 better get some more training in then 5 days on offer this week.

ramjet
SA, 28 posts
17 Oct 2014 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

I remember being 35 30 years ago

easto
116 posts
17 Oct 2014 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ramjet said..
I remember being 35 30 years ago

Grand masters for you Roger ...and your in with me and Waxy EB & you wanna hope someone knocks Martin Bone out in the bubble suits before his heat !
Jordan Roberts may enter masters too , he's a gun in pink boots! and i heard a rumour Croc may show.

kitingtopher
SA, 313 posts
19 Oct 2014 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

i hardly remember 35.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
29 Oct 2014 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

Kickass my leave has been approved for the comp time to book a site at the caravan park and load up the trailor/esky, with just over 5weeks to go I'm going to need some practice........and if I get sick of drinking I might even try out my new kite.

Can't wait it should be a good weekend

easto
116 posts
31 Oct 2014 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Here it is the long awaited poster - 5 weeks to go guys and girls ! Prizes for every entrant . Get to Whyalla Dec 6th.

Virg
1 posts
31 Oct 2014 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

I am frothin for a bit of flat water! Everyone better get in on it for an awesome day.

kitingtopher
SA, 313 posts
12 Nov 2014 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

3 weeks to go easto,
got any more info on saksa memberships and entry forms? cheers

EB
SA, 492 posts
12 Nov 2014 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Looking for a kite repairer with a quick turn around or hoping for 30 knots

Kiteboarding SA
SA, 262 posts
13 Nov 2014 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Kitingtopher - we're working on this as we speak mate. Hit a bit of a hurdle but sign up will be available really soon.

Cheers for your patience.

Jordo
SAKSA

easto
116 posts
15 Nov 2014 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

SAKSA said..
Kitingtopher - we're working on this as we speak mate. Hit a bit of a hurdle but sign up will be available really soon.

Cheers for your patience.

Jordo
SAKSA

Yep 3 weeks to go crew ! Hope you have your beds sorted as they are booking out fast. Don't forget to bring your sups & St Sups up to Whyalla as we have some great trophies & prizes up for grabs in the sup races also. The TV advert has started over this way and Whyalla Council are predicting a huge crowd. It will be great to catch up and watch Andy Yates rip it up in a demo and what an awesome effort from SAKSA to get him to Whyalla for head judge !!!

Don't for get everyone needs to be a SAKSA member to enter so sign up on the SAKSA site and also the States on this link
http://www.aksa.com.au/event-1798631

You... the competitors are the key to a comp so the $50 entry fee includes a free tee , bbq lunch with a free drink and also charcoal chicken & salad at the presos.

Obviously this comp couldn't of been put togther without these great sponsors - Xtreme Kites & Paddle , SAKSA , Whyalla City Council,AT Maintenance,Swear By Safety,Discovery Holiday Park Whyalla,Tasty Food Vans Whyalla, Best Kiteboarding ,Trident Sup Paddles ,STANCE, WSL,Onboard, FSR Industries, F-One Kites , Cabrinha,Aztec Glass Whyalla , North,Flying Objects & St SUP.

Get on ...sign up and get stoked for this awesome comp with a great weekend full of great people !

kitecroc
SA, 513 posts
18 Nov 2014 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Get on it guys and girls, this is going to be an awesome weekend. If you have never kited Whyalla before, just to let you know,it's AWESOME! This place is a world class flat water destination, it's as smooth as you will get anywhere.
So get behind this great event and support the crew who have spent the time and effort in making this happen, you won't regret it. You will meet awesome crew and get to kite one of South Oz's premier kiting locations. As well as going into the draw to win some awesome prizes.

easto
116 posts
26 Nov 2014 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Ok guys and girls ...10 days to go until the biggest comp to hit in Whyalla in years ! $8000 WORTH of PRIZES / CASH & TROPHIES !!!

Kite Comp ,SUP races , Bubble Soccer , Food Vans , Jumping Castle , Charcoal Chicken & $5 shooters at presos with ping pong comp and a demo & tips from Andy Yates! You can't miss this comp.

Remember you have to a SAKSA member to enter this comp and don't forget to register as we need to know numbers asap for catering ..

Jump on and sign up asap guys and girls .
http://www.aksa.com.au/event-1798631etc

Come and support the west coast crew and enjoy our side of the coast this year !

henreay
SA, 1 posts
29 Nov 2014 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Hey everyone, my names Henry was wondering if anyone has a spare seat and room for kite gear for the trip to Whyalla and back. If anyone is going over early Friday that would be great because I'm giving Easto a hand. Happy to make a contribution towards petrol. So keen for this comp!

easto
116 posts
29 Nov 2014 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hi all , Whyalla States forecast so far for friday 18 to 22 kts ssw and sat 20 to 25 kts ssw ! Bring it on !!!

Come down for this epic comp and support our great sponsors below with the biggest ever prize value ever in any kite comp in South Australia.

Total cash prizes - $1650 Total Trophies - $1000 Prizes - $5350 Total Value - $8000
<div class="ws8 units-ws 16.86">

easto
116 posts
30 Nov 2014 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Congrats to Croc for Rachelle saying YES to marry him and also for saying YES for him to come to Whyalla !!!

easto
116 posts
3 Dec 2014 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

WHYALLA STATE TITLES forecast -What a weekend for wind.

Friday -15 to 20 kts freshening in the afternoon to 18 to 22 kts ssw - Kite comp warm up and ride with Andy Yates and watch him rip it up !

Saturday -18 to 22 kts freshening in the afternoon to 20 to 25 kts ssw.- Kite Hard in comp

Sunday -15 to 20 kts - Hangover Kite ssw

This weekend is the best forecast i've seen for any comp in years !!!

muirs
SA, 165 posts
5 Dec 2014 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

What's the cut off time for signup on Sat morning?

Thinking about doing an impulse drive over in the morn.

Cheers,
Sam

muirs
SA, 165 posts
5 Dec 2014 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

ah yes online, dah. Cheers waxman

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
5 Dec 2014 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Easy as, get over here conditions are going to be epic if tonight was anything to go by.

easto
116 posts
8 Dec 2014 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

WOW ! what a day ...what a comp and what a party. One of the best comps i've ever witnessed in 15 years of kiteboarding.

Super stoked everyone turned up and had a blast. Thanks again to all the sponors and the SAKSA lads for running an elite judging panel along with super dude Andy Yates !

A special mention to the Westlands Soccer Club , The Whyalla City Council , Tony Leach , The King Family and Jake / Jac for all their help with organising this comp with me .

An Awesome day to remember forever !

Results -

Ams - 1st Terry Boyce 2nd Mathew Bambridge 3rd Craig Kniter 4th Jarryd Eades Juniors - 1st Corey Capaldo Open Woman - 1st Jacqui Hockaday 2nd Catherine Tanner 3rd Kate Stephens Open Men - 1st Liam King 2nd Jordan Grimes 3rd Brant Oxlade Masters - 1st Evan Higham 2nd Martyn Bone 3rd Brant Oxlade Womans Masters - 1st Anneli Hardman Legends - 1st Illya Kuskoff 2nd Ric Capaldo 3rd Gary Seidt Biggest Air - Danny Walsh Biggest Crash - Jacqui Hockaday Biggest Kite Loop - Matthew Goodwin Encouragement Award - Jake Duregon Jim Hewittson Memorial Trophy - Matt King Onboard Rookie of the year awards - Under 20 Men - Brodie Hand Under 20 Women - Kate Stephens Over 20 Men - Terry Boyce Over 20 Women - Leah Enthoven

KBQNT
QLD, 96 posts
24 Feb 2015 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

OK, we need some SA-n's to ENTER the SYDNEY FREESTYLE NATIONALS! March 12-15. All states are IN , but we know there are a few TOP kiters in SA to give anyone a run for their money! Cheap accom at the Cronulla YHA, which is now nearly full of kiteboarders and costs $33 a night! Book a cheap airfare and the rest is done. WE WILL PICK YOU UP from the AIRPORT! So no need to rent a car!!! We have lots of sponsors and kiters willing to help out with your every whim! So come on SA - JUST DO IT!! You could pick up a sponsor, or take home a great prize and of course the medal!! If YHA is booked out let us know, we can find some share accom with some local kiters etc !!!

Link to register and pay the $90 entry fee - which includes a Hi Quality event tee valued at $45, also inc BBQ and other stuff!
www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=15376

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/kiteboardnationals

SPONSORS:

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"SA Freestyle Kiteboarding Titles Whyalla Dec 6th" started by easto