Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

Future of Kiting in Aus SGM - Have Your Say!

Created by Kiteboarding SA > 9 months ago, 28 Jun 2011
Kiteboarding SA
SA, 262 posts
28 Jun 2011 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Hey everyone,

This is just a friendly reminder that as mentioned in the last SAKSA newsletter a Special General Meeting is being held this Wednesday (29th June 2011) to advise you all of the proposed changes to AKSA and the establishment of a new national association (Kite Boarding Australia). A briefing of the changes will be given followed by your chance to vote on the future of Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding in Australia. The venue has changed but we are hoping you can all get down and have your say as this is your association after all!

Venue: Grange Sailing Club (419 The Esplanade, Henley Beach)
Time: 6:30pm for a 7pm start

The bar will be open and kiting DVD's will be playing all night so come on down and have a brew and a few laughs with local likeminded kiters and have your say on the future of kiting in our country/state. Family and friends are welcome however only financial SAKSA members will be able to vote on the night.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers

SAKSA Committee

doolz
SA, 127 posts
28 Jun 2011 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

I will be there and i encourage everyone to come down SAKSA does alot for our kiting community so if you want your say come on down

ps come down also to support the Gange sailing club top bunch of guys and the beers great

DaGodfather
SA, 280 posts
28 Jun 2011 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

SAKSA said...

... to advise you all of the proposed changes to AKSA and the establishment of a new national association (Kite Boarding Australia). A briefing of the changes will be given followed by your chance to vote on the future of Kitesurfing/Kiteboarding in Australia...

I found this document describing the above changes on the WAKSA site:

http://www.waksa.org.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=fM%2bFZ%2fC4WVs%3d&tabid=122&mid=482

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
29 Jun 2011 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

The documents were also sent out as an attachment to the last SAKSA Newsletter. Presentation of the proposed changes and voting shouldnt take too long for what i understand, but im definately keen for a few drinks with all the local crew and to talk some **** while watching a couple kiting DVD's. Always a good nigh with good crew!

Kiteboarding SA
SA, 262 posts
29 Jun 2011 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys and girls, don't forget to come down and have your vote and say hello

SAKSA committee

Backflip
SA, 113 posts
29 Jun 2011 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

Would like to join in but weeknights dont work for me...

Kiteboarding SA
SA, 262 posts
29 Jun 2011 11:30PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to everyone who came down for the SGM tonight, it was a great turn out. We really appreciate you all taking some time out from your busy schedules to support kiting in our state/country. It was great to see some old faces but even better to meet some new ones. We hope everyone had a great night and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Cheers

SAKSA Committee

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Future of Kiting in Aus SGM - Have Your Say!" started by Kiteboarding SA