Forums > Kitesurfing General

Midwest Windfest 2019d

Created by cauncy > 9 months ago, 10 Jun 2019
Simsurf
WA, 237 posts
8 Oct 2019 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Feeling for you Mick. I understand the passion and effort you put into this but lets make it a great weekend anyway. Sounds like a few crew still coming for a PD weekender so we should definitely be able to manage a good time, plenty of kiting and a few too many beers.

Tell the wife you're taking the weekend off....

Sauce
WA, 203 posts
8 Oct 2019 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Booked a house 2 months ago, so we are in rain, hail or shine.

How about 100 bucks a number - 100 numbers - 4K prize and 6K to costs? (assuming the 2 u got).

I won one of these at the Gassy a few years ago! This was from the Carnarvon Windfest page...

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
9 Oct 2019 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

I've been thinking about this a bit. WA needs an annual get together and if dongara community don't want to get behind it then we change destinations. Instead of sanctioning an event just create a group or thread on here and pick a different spot each year eg: Augusta, Cervantes , horrocks etc.
Dont have anyone organise it just pick a date , bring you camping gear , wives , kids good attitude and general stoke. That way we can do what we want when we want with no stipulations or stress.
Thoughts?

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1869 posts
9 Oct 2019 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

Nathe
Legend
Damn, your gonna pick up a date and take your wives.
I must ave read the wrong 'How to kite' book

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
9 Oct 2019 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Lano,. Late November. Almost guaranteed wind

Good mix of flat water, reef breaks, beach breaks. An amazing DW Lano to wedge. Something for everybody.

Heaps of eateries, bakery etc for family.

Loads of accommodation, two caravan parks.

Most importantly two epic pubs. The Endeavour already puts on live music every Sunday out the back. Imagine sitting at the endeavour post-session, music, beer in hand in, in the beer garden watching south passage get torn to pieces. All supplyed, free of charge. Food goes ok too, pizza's all day.

Plus it's only an hour from Perth.

Its a no brainer really

Mick, then you get the Endeavour to phone the dongara pud to tell them how good a weekends takings they had, LOL

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
9 Oct 2019 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SaveTheWhales said..
Nathe
Legend
Damn, your gonna pick up a date and take your wives.
I must ave read the wrong 'How to kite' book

Read the wrong book or picked the wrong wife?

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
9 Oct 2019 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gazuki said..
Lano,. Late November. Almost guaranteed wind

Good mix of flat water, reef breaks, beach breaks. An amazing DW Lano to wedge. Something for everybody.

Heaps of eateries, bakery etc for family.

Loads of accommodation, two caravan parks.

Most importantly two epic pubs. The Endeavour already puts on live music every Sunday out the back. Imagine sitting at the endeavour post-session, music, beer in hand in, in the beer garden watching south passage get torn to pieces. All supplyed, free of charge. Food goes ok too, pizza's all day.

Plus it's only an hour from Perth.

Its a no brainer really

Mick, then you get the Endeavour to phone the dongara pud to tell them how good a weekends takings they had, LOL

Yep plenty of options. Let's make it happen next year and keep it an annual thing. Screw everyone trying to make money off people's hard work. Hopefully see you guys in dongara I'm up there for a week

ReefWalker
WA, 115 posts
9 Oct 2019 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

There was/is about 5 of our crew that all booked leave etc for the MWWF weekend (sans wives and kiddies). We just held off booking accommodation until Mick have the green light.

Our plan now is still to head away - just not anchored to Dongara.

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
17 Nov 2019 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

The event might be canceled, doesn't look like the wind is .. woohoo!!!

Simsurf
WA, 237 posts
18 Nov 2019 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathe said..

The event might be canceled, doesn't look like the wind is .. woohoo!!!

Check it this morning!
20+ 24hrs a day for four days straight Thurs-Sun. Oh man, I know the body is going to be hurting driving home on Monday

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
18 Nov 2019 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Yep I've got Wednesday to Wednesday. Wife might be driving home.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
18 Nov 2019 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Despite being cancelled quite a few are heading here for the weekend's ' if I can get some approx numbers I might crank the paella dishes and have a sundowner
As wind goes you won't find a better forecast ' looking forward to catching up with a few crew over the wknd

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
18 Nov 2019 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nathe said..
I've been thinking about this a bit. WA needs an annual get together and if dongara community don't want to get behind it then we change destinations. Instead of sanctioning an event just create a group or thread on here and pick a different spot each year eg: Augusta, Cervantes , horrocks etc.
Dont have anyone organise it just pick a date , bring you camping gear , wives , kids good attitude and general stoke. That way we can do what we want when we want with no stipulations or stress.
Thoughts?

The chicks did this at lancelin' from memory it was called Aqua Chicks

We could do a similar gig for blokes
AQUA DICKS

Nathe
WA, 433 posts
18 Nov 2019 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

AQUA DICKS
going hard and getting wet

Beaner
9 posts
24 Nov 2019 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hiya Mick,

Just back home after the non Midwest Windfest 2019 and posting a thank-you for your hospitality.

No shortage of wind, certainly something about being able to kite at 9 in the morning, off the water for some lunch and back on for an afternoon session in solid wind.

The tide beat us for the 7mile downwinder but the back beach waves and foamy flat water in between waves well and truly made up for that.

Thanks for making your cafe available for the Saturday night sundowner, great setting and was goot to have beers with some of the kiting crew.

Lyn (not being a kiter and first time up that way) enjoyed the sundowner with the crew. She still can't believe how windy Dongara was but says she would go in a heartbeat again, especially if you are busting out the paella again, it was an awesome feed.

Thanks again Mick,

Same time next year, officially or unofficially.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
25 Nov 2019 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

cauncy said..

We could do a similar gig for blokes
AQUA DICKS

CDO would be a perfect position for you cauncy

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Midwest Windfest 2019d" started by cauncy