Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

Moses 633 wing

Created by Duff15 > 9 months ago, 18 Aug 2018
Duff15
VIC, 249 posts
18 Aug 2018 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,

Can anyone give me a decent review of the 633 wing for kiting? Wondering what sort of speeds your getting and its ability to be used in waves/swell.

Thanks

ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
21 Aug 2018 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Duff15,

I'll try and get out on the weekend and give you some info if not a proper review.

Weather in Perth is proper sh1te at the moment.

DM

Rebelrida
QLD, 13 posts
28 Aug 2018 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

Hey checkout website gleiten.tv They test a moses onda 633 with a 71cm & 91cm mast. German website but have an english version review....

benmj
VIC, 71 posts
8 Oct 2018 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Mate
I have a demo foil now so you can test ride if you like.
I am in Bayside
Cheers
Ben

alverstone
WA, 529 posts
8 Oct 2018 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Duff15 said..
Hey,

Can anyone give me a decent review of the 633 wing for kiting? Wondering what sort of speeds your getting and its ability to be used in waves/swell.

Thanks

Duff15,

I was out on it as a demo/test ride from Action Sports (Thanks, guys!) for about 90 mins overall on the Swan River at Melville yesterday.

I'm 90kg-plus (Eek - too many winter pies!) and the wind was 10-15kts, with the max gust at 16kts. I was on my 7m 2018 Cabrinha Drifter and a 4' 11" North Race Pro.

I had to de-power several times, but when it hit 10kts for 15 minutes I had a long swim.

I also had an invert because there is was so much lift the foil kept going when I was doing a very slow port to starboard gybe - seeing if I could stand with both feet facing the straps going broad through the turn - and the lines went very slack, it ditched, and rolled twice. My error for not keeping the kite high enough.

The foil was great! It was my second ride on a 'phat' surf foil, and I found the wing to be a lot easier to turn. It was also easier to get up on to. The Neil Pryde (small wing) I tried last weekend instantly fired out of the water and took me some time to get used to just how much front foot pressure was needed. No so with the 633. However, it was over 20kts and I was on my little 5m Drifter when I was on the NP.

In contrast, the 633 felt lighter and a lots less likely to 'polaris' if I had too much lift from the kite when getting on.

I noticed it felt interestingly 'twitchy' underfoot when underway - hence the easier turning, I suppose - but it was something you had to almost think about to notice.

Only managed to get one small swell from a passing ferry, so I can't really say much about waves.

Mos' def the nicest-looking and feeling foil I've ridden so far - which, to date, comprises Zeeko B&W, Zeeko Carver, Slingshot, Cab Double Agent and Neil Pryde Surf Glide. However, I'm so into this foiling malarky I've had a ball on all of them at some time.

Time to start saving .... again.

kyrojoe
WA, 33 posts
2 Nov 2018 3:32AM
Thumbs Up

Alverstone...thanx for the review ofthe moses 633!!
>So did you end up buying the foil yet? any more experiences kiting this wing that you could share?
ie...top end?
ease to pass through white water without ventilation?
Jumps
durability?
what sized mast you use for kiting or if youve tried to use it yet prone or sup surfing?

thanx in advance!
Kyrojoe in Mexico

benmj
VIC, 71 posts
2 Nov 2018 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

On this topic guys if you feel the 633 does not have enough top end speed then the 683 might be the best choice.
Higher aspect and less cord makes it faster but its still in the big wing category. Fits the same fuselage

kyrojoe
WA, 33 posts
2 Nov 2018 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Ben please elaborate and give us your further impressions of the 683. Im so totally on the fence..between the 633, 683, and Infinity 76...that im getting splinters from all the indecision!

benmj
VIC, 71 posts
7 Nov 2018 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Pretty simple i think, They are both from the same family in terms of design, they both have that new curved front on profile which is a real winner in terms of control and speed. The 83 is just more towards the speed end of the spectrum.
For kiting they are both great. From my experience I use the 633 when its small to shoulder high prone surfiing and then switch to the 83 as waves get faster.
For the kite both good for super light just less drag more speed on the 83 and better low speed more lift and slightly lower top speed on the 83,
Maybe that just adds to the indecision. I have both available in Melbourne available to demo.
Actually I would say 90 mast and above 83, 90 and shorter 33

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"Moses 633 wing" started by Duff15