Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

Airush AK Surfoil V3 1325 cm Wing ??

Created by Jhana > 9 months ago, 22 May 2019
Jhana
WA, 120 posts
22 May 2019 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

I am new to foiling haven't bought any equipment yet

I want a foil for cruising around and that is very easy to learn on and is very forgiving.

Does anyone have any experience with this foil, Airush AK Surfoil 1325 cm Wing with 60cm mast

I don't want to regret buying the wrong foil

Many Thanks

Youngbreezy
WA, 938 posts
23 May 2019 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

They are quite new so I guess not many people have ridden them much. The 1325cm is quite a big wing for kiting on but definitely not too big. Also they have all interchangeable parts so you can add new masts and wings. That wing size and mast length is aimed more towards surfing than kiting, you will probably want to get a longer mast and smaller wing at some stage but the setup would be great for learning and carving around in the waves.

Wing size is also relative to the weight of the rider so if you are a bit heavier a bigger wing is good.

I am guessing you have been eyeing them off at the Airborne closing down sale, I was as well as they are at a really good price. I am really tempted but unfortunately I don't have the space/justification for one at the moment. They do look like a really good setup, similar to the naish thrust but it looks like the wing is a bit more thinned out and refined.

SonnyRider
92 posts
23 May 2019 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

I don't have the 1325 wing.

I have the 1050 carving wing, with 60, 70 & 80 masts.

It gets up on the plane really easily and is good at low speeds. I have managed to get it up to 25kts and down to 8.
I'm 97kgs and 1.82 tall

In waves I prefer the 70 mast.

What's your weight and kites you'll be using it with?

Jhana
WA, 120 posts
24 May 2019 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SonnyRider said..
I don't have the 1325 wing.

I have the 1050 carving wing, with 60, 70 & 80 masts.

It gets up on the plane really easily and is good at low speeds. I have managed to get it up to 25kts and down to 8.
I'm 97kgs and 1.82 tall

In waves I prefer the 70 mast.

What's your weight and kites you'll be using it with?

I am 5'6" and I weigh 80kilos

I will be using wave kites

SonnyRider
92 posts
24 May 2019 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

I think you would find the surf wing a bit too big for you. I guess it depends what you want to do in the long run. Slow and steady with a small kite, then the surf wing may suit, but I think you'll find it gets too much too quickly.

IMO the carver wing is a good big wing for your weight, it pops up at a nice slow speed, it's easy to just cruise around on. And it can hold 'some' speed if you want.

SonnyRider
92 posts
25 May 2019 1:29AM
Thumbs Up

One thing to think about. If you go for the carver setup, the Surf front wing probably wil not fit the carver fuselage, the Surf fuselage will accept the carver and smaller wings

The Surf front wing is attached with three screws.
The carver and smaller wings attach with two.

Hope that makes sense

Jhana
WA, 120 posts
27 May 2019 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks heaps for the feedback

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"Airush AK Surfoil V3 1325 cm Wing ??" started by Jhana